ZenoLennox

Raspberry doesen't boot after a short circuit error while loading shared libraries

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am

Hello,
i hope some one can help me with my problem.
After a short circuit (or something) my raspberry doesen't boot properly.
I get the message: /sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: liblz4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I was trying different things since 2 days but nothing will work.
I would be so happy if someone coud help me.

rpdom

Re: Raspberry doesen't boot after a short circuit error while loading shared libraries

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 am

So, something on your SD card has become corrupted.

If you haven't done any major work on the card, I'd say reinstall Raspbian from scratch and start again.

If you have files you'd like to keep, get another card, install Raspbian on that. Get a USB card reader and put the old card in it. Plug that into the Pi (running on the new card) and copy off any files you need.

Lastly. Make backups!
The SD Card Copier program (or piclone from the command line) will create a working copy of your current system to an SD card in a USB card reader. Have two or three spare cards and cycle round them doing the copies. If you get a failure you can just switch the cards and get a system running in minutes.

ZenoLennox

Re: Raspberry doesen't boot after a short circuit error while loading shared libraries

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am

rpdom wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 am
So, something on your SD card has become corrupted.

If you haven't done any major work on the card, I'd say reinstall Raspbian from scratch and start again.

If you have files you'd like to keep, get another card, install Raspbian on that. Get a USB card reader and put the old card in it. Plug that into the Pi (running on the new card) and copy off any files you need.

Lastly. Make backups!
The SD Card Copier program (or piclone from the command line) will create a working copy of your current system to an SD card in a USB card reader. Have two or three spare cards and cycle round them doing the copies. If you get a failure you can just switch the cards and get a system running in minutes.
Thanks for the fast response.

I know i should've made a backup, but for that its to late :(
I have a realy big configuration on that pi and i dont know if i can rebuild it :/
Can't i just copy the missing file somewhere? Or is that impossible?

rpdom

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:24 am

It might be possible to copy the missing file if you make a new Raspbian on a fresh SD card and boot off that, then copy the file over to your old card. But if one file is missing/damaged, what else may be wrong?

Also, what else might be damaged on the old card?

Your best option is to create a new card and copy what you can of the configuration from the old one.

Return to “Linux Kernel”