bmatic

Difference between "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software"

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:04 am

Hi,

I am new to Raspberry Pi forums, I am sorry if this question is already been answered, but I have searched this topic around internet but I can not find right answer.

As I remebered (and I might be wrong) when downloading there was two main images of Raspbian: "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch Lite", and now there is a new one "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software", and question is what is the difference between "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software". Of course You can logicaly conclude that in later version there are some additionaly software, but there is lack of detailed explanation. Can someone give me detailed comparasion, and explanation ?

As for one reason I read someware that image with Desktop was exceeding 4 GB when extracted and I presume that was problem when manipulating image on lets say FAT32 file system ?

Thanks.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Difference between "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software"

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:58 pm

bmatic wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Raspberry Pi forums, I am sorry if this question is already been answered, but I have searched this topic around internet but I can not find right answer.

As I remebered (and I might be wrong) when downloading there was two main images of Raspbian: "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch Lite", and now there is a new one "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software", and question is what is the difference between "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software". Of course You can logicaly conclude that in later version there are some additionaly software, but there is lack of detailed explanation. Can someone give me detailed comparasion, and explanation ?

As for one reason I read someware that image with Desktop was exceeding 4 GB when extracted and I presume that was problem when manipulating image on lets say FAT32 file system ?

Thanks.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbi ... mber-2018/
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

hippy

Re: Difference between "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software"

Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:09 pm

bmatic wrote:
what is the difference between "Raspbian Stretch with desktop" and "Raspbian Stretch with desktop and recommended software". Of course You can logicaly conclude that in later version there are some additionaly software, but there is lack of detailed explanation. Can someone give me detailed comparasion, and explanation ?
I had previously commented that what is in the "with recommended software" version was not exactly clear to me either, as the release notes reference relative changes rather than saying what each actually ends up with -

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbi ... _notes.txt
* Two versions of image created - "base" image has no optional software packages included; "full" image has all optional packages
- Removed from "base" image - LibreOffice, Thonny, Scratch, Scratch 2, Sonic Pi, Minecraft, Python Games, SmartSim, SenseHAT Emulator
- Added to "full" image - Mathematica, BlueJ, Greenfoot, Node-RED, Claws Mail, VNC Viewer
From that I would take it that the "with recommended software" includes - LibreOffice, Thonny, Scratch, Scratch 2, Sonic Pi, Minecraft, Python Games, SmartSim, SenseHAT Emulator, Mathematica, BlueJ, Greenfoot, Node-RED, Claws Mail and VNC Viewer - while the one "without" doesn't.

I haven't actually checked. The best way to verify that might be to install both and check what the Recommended Software utility reports.

Or just install the "without" version and add what you need later. That should be easy enough to do with the Recommended Software utility.

spl23
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:43 pm

The basic image includes the OS and desktop, Chromium, VLC, Python, Geany, PDF and image viewers, and desktop utilities - nothing else.

The image with Recommended Software includes everything.

In general, I would recommend people download the smaller version and add what they need. The version with recommended software preinstalled is really intended only for people who are not going to have easy access to the Net to download anything else they want after installation.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:04 pm

spl23 wrote:
The basic image includes the OS and desktop, Chromium, VLC, Python, Geany, PDF and image viewers, and desktop utilities - nothing else.

In general, I would recommend people download the smaller version and add what they need. The version with recommended software preinstalled is really intended only for people who are not going to have easy access to the Net to download anything else they want after installation.

Is it feasible to have a definitive list of the actual software included in both images ??

jamesh

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:13 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
spl23 wrote:

Is it feasible to have a definitive list of the actual software included in both images ??
Probably not - or do you mean just limited to the 'recomended software list"?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:54 pm

jamesh wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:13 pm
fruitoftheloom wrote:
spl23 wrote:

Probably not - or do you mean just limited to the 'recomended software list"?

Yes a list of recommended software Vs no recommends.

A question came up the other day asking if Python (I believe) is included. Having a list to compare would make it easier to choose which download.

ShiftPlusOne
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:31 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbi ... -full.info

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbi ... retch.info

fruitoftheloom

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:43 pm

ShiftPlusOne wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:

Yes quite so, but was thinking more about a comparison list which users could find easily !

ShiftPlusOne

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:35 am

Can't say there's a plan for anything like that.

spl23

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:38 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Yes quite so, but was thinking more about a comparison list which users could find easily !
Install either version.
Run Recommended Software.
Look at list of packages shown in helpful browser on screen...

I'm not really convinced that maintaining a list anywhere else is particularly useful - you either want a small download or you don't care!

fruitoftheloom

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:07 pm

spl23 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:38 pm
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Install either version.
Run Recommended Software.
Look at list of packages shown in helpful browser on screen...

I'm not really convinced that maintaining a list anywhere else is particularly useful - you either want a small download or you don't care!

Okee Dokee no problem, I am in the do not care camp as have fast 4G broadband :D

spl23

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:01 pm

To be honest, going forward, I would expect the vast majority of downloads to be the basic version without Recommended Software. We'll always offere the RS image as a download as well, but I'd expect the main use of it will be for preloaded SD cards and the like where bandwidth isn't a consideration and you know how much space you have got to start with.

fruitoftheloom

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:38 pm

spl23 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:01 pm
To be honest, going forward, I would expect the vast majority of downloads to be the basic version without Recommended Software. We'll always offere the RS image as a download as well, but I'd expect the main use of it will be for preloaded SD cards and the like where bandwidth isn't a consideration and you know how much space you have got to start with.

Thank you for response ;)

Del_vin9391

Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:27 am

What is the difference between the raspbian os and the raspbian image. Am confused

jamesh

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:04 am

Del_vin9391 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:27 am
What is the difference between the raspbian os and the raspbian image. Am confused
The OS is the thing that runs on the Raspberry Pi (A bit like WIndows). The image is the binary file that contains all the OS that you put on the SD card to make it all work - it's a raw file, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_(file_format).
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

irdroid3

Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:05 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
ShiftPlusOne wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:

I too would really like an easier way to see what is in each download image in :
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspberry-pi-os/
I was shocked to find the release_notes.txt files are the same for all three images on that page!
I can understand the release_notes.txt being the same if they are for the base OS, but there should be something to differentiate the images.
Those .info files are great - can we have those for each image built / published?
I am sure this could be generated within the OS build process!?

Is this the best place to ask this?

Thank you.

ShiftPlusOne

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:33 am

irdroid3 wrote: Those .info files are great - can we have those for each image built / published?
I am sure this could be generated within the OS build process!?
Each image already comes with a .info file.

kaanw

Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:28 pm

As of the 2020-08-20 release, the extra packages in the full install over the basic desktop install are listed below; package name, then description. The data were extracted by comparing these two files
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspi ... -full.info
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspi ... armhf.info

Code: Select all

ant				Java based build tool like make
ant-contrib				collection of tasks, types and other tools for Apache Ant
ant-optional				Java based build tool like make - optional libraries
apparmor:armhf				user-space parser utility for AppArmor
bluej				A simple but powerful Java IDE.
ca-certificates-java				Common CA certificates (JKS keystore)
claws-mail:armhf				Fast, lightweight and user-friendly GTK+2 based email client
claws-mail-i18n				Locale data for Claws Mail (i18n support)
code-the-classics				Python games to accompany Code the Classics Volume 1 book
coinor-libcoinmp1v5:armhf				Simple C API for COIN-OR Solvers Clp and Cbc -- library
coinor-libcoinutils3v5:armhf				Coin-or collection of utility classes (binaries and libraries)
coinor-libosi1v5:armhf				COIN-OR Open Solver Interface
firebird3.0-common				common files for firebird 3 server, client and utilities
firebird3.0-common-doc				copyright, licensing and changelogs of firebird3.0
firebird3.0-server-core:armhf				Firebird engine core
firebird3.0-utils:armhf				Firebird command line utilities
firmware-microbit-micropython				MicroPython runtime for the BBC micro:bit
fonts-crosextra-caladea				Serif font metric-compatible with the Cambria font
fonts-crosextra-carlito				Sans-serif font metric-compatible with Calibri font
fonts-dejavu				metapackage to pull in fonts-dejavu-core and fonts-dejavu-extra
fonts-dejavu-extra				Vera font family derivate with additional characters (extra variants)
fonts-inconsolata				monospace font for pretty code listings and for the terminal
fonts-lato				sans-serif typeface family font
fonts-liberation				Fonts with the same metrics as Times, Arial and Courier
fonts-linuxlibertine				Linux Libertine family of fonts
fonts-lyx				TrueType versions of some TeX fonts used by LyX
fonts-noto-core				No Tofu font families with large Unicode coverage (core)
fonts-noto-ui-core				No Tofu font families with large Unicode coverage (UI core)
fonts-opensymbol				OpenSymbol TrueType font
fonts-sil-gentium				extended Unicode Latin font ("a typeface for the nations")
fonts-sil-gentium-basic				smart Unicode font families (Basic and Book Basic) based on Gentium
gconf-service:armhf				GNOME configuration database system (D-Bus service)
gconf2-common				GNOME configuration database system (common files)
greenfoot-unbundled				A simple but powerful Java IDE.
gstreamer1.0-gtk3:armhf				GStreamer plugin for GTK+3
gyp				Cross-platform build script generator
jackd				JACK Audio Connection Kit (default server package)
jackd2:armhf				JACK Audio Connection Kit (server and example clients)
java-common				Base package for Java runtimes
libabw-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and writing AbiWord(tm) documents
libactivation-java				JavaBeans Activation Framework
libaopalliance-java				library for interoperability for Java AOP implementations
libapache-poi-java				Apache POI - Java API for Microsoft Documents
libapache-pom-java				Maven metadata for all Apache Software projects
libargs4j-java				Java command line arguments parser
libasm-java				Java bytecode manipulation framework
libatinject-jsr330-api-java				Java API for JSR-330 Dependency Injection
libatk-wrapper-java				ATK implementation for Java using JNI
libatk-wrapper-java-jni:armhf				ATK implementation for Java using JNI (JNI bindings)
libaubio5:armhf				library for audio segmentation
libbase-java				A general purpose base service library (OOo 3.1 branch)
libbcmail-java				Bouncy Castle generators/processors for S/MIME and CMS
libbcpkix-java				Bouncy Castle Java API for PKIX, CMS, EAC, TSP, PKCS, OCSP, CMP, and CRMF
libbcprov-java				Bouncy Castle Java Cryptographic Service Provider
libboost-chrono1.67.0:armhf				C++ representation of time duration, time point, and clocks
libboost-date-time1.67.0:armhf				set of date-time libraries based on generic programming concepts
libboost-filesystem1.67.0:armhf				filesystem operations (portable paths, iteration over directories, etc) in C++
libboost-locale1.67.0:armhf				C++ facilities for localization
libbsh-java				Java scripting environment (BeanShell) Version 2 (library)
libc-ares2:armhf				asynchronous name resolver
libcdi-api-java				Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java EE
libcdr-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and converting Corel DRAW files
libcglib-java				Code generation library for Java
libclucene-contribs1v5:armhf				language specific text analyzers (runtime)
libclucene-core1v5:armhf				core library for full-featured text search engine (runtime)
libcmis-0.5-5v5:armhf				CMIS protocol client library
libcodemodel-java				Java library for code generators
libcolamd2:armhf				column approximate minimum degree ordering library for sparse matrices
libcommons-cli-java				Command line arguments and options parsing library
libcommons-codec-java				encoder and decoders such as Base64 and hexadecimal codec
libcommons-collections3-java				Apache Commons Collections - Extended Collections API for Java
libcommons-math3-java				Java lightweight mathematics and statistics components
libcommons-parent-java				Maven metadata for Apache Commons project
libcompfaceg1:armhf				Compress/decompress images for mailheaders, libc6 runtime
libcurvesapi-java				Java implementation of mathematical curves defined over a set of control points
libdom4j-java				Flexible XML framework for Java
libdtd-parser-java				Java library for parsing XML DTDs
libe-book-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and converting various e-book formats
libehcache-java				distributed cache library
libel-api-java				Expression Language API
libeot0:armhf				Library for parsing/converting Embedded OpenType files
libepubgen-0.1-1:armhf				EPUB generator library
libetonyek-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and converting Apple Keynote presentations
libetpan20:armhf				mail handling library
libexiv2-14:armhf				EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library
libexttextcat-2.0-0:armhf				Language detection library
libexttextcat-data				Language detection library - data files
libfastinfoset-java				Java library implementing the Fast Infoset standard
libfbclient2:armhf				Firebird client library
libflute-java				Java CSS parser using SAC (JFree version)
libfonts-java				Java fonts layouting library
libformula-java				Excel(tm) style formula expressions library
libfreehand-0.1-1:armhf				Library for parsing the FreeHand file format structure
libgconf-2-4:armhf				GNOME configuration database system (shared libraries)
libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java				Apache Geronimo Common Annotations 1.3 API
libgeronimo-interceptor-3.0-spec-java				Geronimo API implementation of the Interceptor 3 spec
libgfortran3:armhf				Runtime library for GNU Fortran applications
libgit2-27:armhf				low-level Git library
libglu1-mesa:armhf				Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
libgmime-2.6-0:armhf				MIME message parser and creator library (old 2.6 version)
libgpgme11:armhf				GPGME - GnuPG Made Easy (library)
libgpgmepp6:armhf				C++ wrapper library for GPGME
libguava-java				Suite of Google common libraries for Java
libguice-java				lightweight dependency injection framework for Java 5 and above
libhawtjni-runtime-java				Java library that provide JNI code generation
libhsqldb1.8.0-java				Java SQL database engine
libhttp-parser2.8:armhf				parser for HTTP messages written in C
libhttpclient-java				HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation
libhttpcore-java				set of low level HTTP transport components for Java
libib-util:armhf				Firebird UDF support library
libice-dev:armhf				X11 Inter-Client Exchange library (development headers)
libicu4j-java				Library for Unicode support and internationalization
libintellij-annotations-java				transitional package for libjetbrains-annotations-java
libistack-commons-java				Common code for some Glassfish projects
libitext-java				Java Library to create and manipulate PDF on the fly
libjansi-java				Java library for generating and interpreting ANSI escape sequences
libjansi-native-java				Java library for ANSI escape sequences - native component
libjaxb-api-java				Java Architecture for XML Binding API
libjaxb-java				JAXB Reference Implementation
libjaxen-java				Java XPath engine
libjcommon-java				General Purpose library for Java
libjdom1-java				lightweight and fast library using XML
libjetbrains-annotations-java				annotations used for code inspection support and code documentation
libjs-inherits				Exposes inherits function from Node.js environment
libjs-is-typedarray				JavaScript library checking if object is TypedArray
libjs-jquery-ui				JavaScript UI library for dynamic web applications
libjsoup-java				Java HTML parser that makes sense of real-world HTML soup
libjsp-api-java				JavaServer Pages API
libjsr305-java				Java library that provides annotations for software defect detection
liblangtag-common				library to access tags for identifying languages -- data
liblangtag1:armhf				library to access tags for identifying languages
liblayout-java				Java layouting framework
libloader-java				Java general purpose resource loading framework
liblockfile-bin:armhf				support binaries for and cli utilities based on liblockfile
liblockfile1:armhf				NFS-safe locking library
liblog4j1.2-java				Logging library for java
libmail-java				JavaMail API Reference Implementation
libmaven-file-management-java				Maven File Management API
libmaven-parent-java				Maven metadata for Apache Maven itself
libmaven-resolver-java				Library to handle Java artifact repositories
libmbedcrypto3:armhf				lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library - crypto library
libmbedtls12:armhf				lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library - tls library
libmbedx509-0:armhf				lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library - x509 certificate library
libmhash2:armhf				Library for cryptographic hashing and message authentication
libmspub-0.1-1:armhf				library for parsing the mspub file structure
libmwaw-0.3-3:armhf				import library for some old Mac text documents
libmythes-1.2-0:armhf				simple thesaurus library
libncurses5:armhf				shared libraries for terminal handling (legacy version)
libneon27-gnutls:armhf				HTTP and WebDAV client library (GnuTLS enabled)
libnode-dev:armhf				evented I/O for V8 javascript (development files)
libnode64:armhf				evented I/O for V8 javascript - runtime library
libnumbertext-1.0-0:armhf				Number to number name and money text conversion library
libnumbertext-data				Number to number name and money text conversion library -- data files
libodfgen-0.1-1:armhf				library to generate ODF documents
libopenjfx-java				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (Java libraries)
libopenjfx-jni:armhf				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (native libraries)
liborcus-0.14-0:armhf				library for processing spreadsheet documents
libpagemaker-0.0-0:armhf				Library for importing and converting PageMaker Documents
libpentaho-reporting-flow-engine-java				report library for java
libpixie-java				Java Vector Format Viewer Library
libplexus-archiver-java				Archiver plugin for the Plexus compiler system
libplexus-cipher-java				Plexus Cipher Component used by Maven
libplexus-classworlds-java				Class loading utilities for the Plexus framework
libplexus-io-java				Plexus IO Components
libplexus-sec-dispatcher-java				Plexus Security Dispatcher Component used by Maven
libplexus-utils2-java				utilities for the Plexus framework
libpng12-0:armhf				PNG library - runtime
libportaudio2:armhf				Portable audio I/O - shared library
libpq5:armhf				PostgreSQL C client library
libpthread-stubs0-dev:armhf				pthread stubs not provided by native libc, development files
libqscintilla2-qt5-13:armhf				Qt5 port of the Scintilla source code editing widget
libqscintilla2-qt5-l10n				Scintilla source code editing widget for Qt5, translation files
libqt5charts5:armhf				Qt charts shared library
libqt5designer5:armhf				Qt 5 designer module
libqt5help5:armhf				Qt 5 help module
libqt5opengl5:armhf				Qt 5 OpenGL module
libqt5serialport5:armhf				Qt 5 serial port support
libqt5test5:armhf				Qt 5 test module
libqwt-qt5-6:armhf				Qt widgets library for technical applications (runtime, qt5)
libqxp-0.0-0:armhf				library for reading and converting QuarkXPress files
libraptor2-0:armhf				Raptor 2 RDF syntax library
librasqal3:armhf				Rasqal RDF query library
librdf0:armhf				Redland Resource Description Framework (RDF) library
librelaxng-datatype-java				Java datatype interface for RELAX NG
libreoffice:armhf				office productivity suite (metapackage)
libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer:armhf				GStreamer backend for LibreOffice
libreoffice-wiki-publisher				LibreOffice extension for working with MediaWiki articles
libreoffice-writer:armhf				office productivity suite -- word processor
librepository-java				abstraction library for accessing hierachic bulk content
librevenge-0.0-0:armhf				Base Library for writing document interface filters
librngom-java				Java library for parsing RELAX NG grammars
librtaudio6:armhf				C++ library for realtime audio input/ouput
librtmidi4:armhf				C++ library for realtime MIDI input/ouput
libruby2.5:armhf				Libraries necessary to run Ruby 2.5
libsac-java				Simple API for CSS Java library
libsaxonhe-java				Saxon-HE is the XSLT and XQuery Processor
libscsynth1:armhf				SuperCollider synthesis server library
libserializer-java				general serializaton framework
libservlet-api-java				Java Servlet API
libservlet3.1-java				Java Servlet API 3.1 (transitional package)
libsisu-guice-java				Patched build of Google Guice for Sisu-IoC
libsisu-inject-java				Dependency Injection container for Java
libsisu-ioc-java				JSR 330 container and OSGi/Plexus adapter
libsisu-plexus-java				Plexus adapter for the Sisu dependency injection container
libslf4j-java				Simple Logging Facade for Java
libsm-dev:armhf				X11 Session Management library (development headers)
libsnappy-java				Snappy for Java, a fast compressor/decompresser
libsnappy-jni:armhf				Snappy for Java, a fast compressor/decompresser (JNI library)
libssl-dev:armhf				Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files
libssl1.0.2:armhf				Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
libstaroffice-0.0-0:armhf				Import filter library to import all StarOffice documents
libstax-ex-java				Extended StAX API
libstk-4.5.0:armhf				Sound Synthesis Toolkit
libstreambuffer-java				XML Stream Buffer
libsuitesparseconfig5:armhf				configuration routines for all SuiteSparse modules
libtommath1:armhf				multiple-precision integer library [runtime]
libtxw2-java				Typed XML Writer for Java
libuv1:armhf				asynchronous event notification library - runtime library
libuv1-dev:armhf				asynchronous event notification library - development files
libvisio-0.1-1:armhf				library for parsing the visio file structure
libwagon-http-java				Artifact transport abstraction used in Maven (HTTP providers)
libwagon-provider-api-java				Artifact transport abstraction used in Maven (Provider API)
libwebsocket-api-java				Java WebSocket API
libwpd-0.10-10:armhf				Library for handling WordPerfect documents (shared library)
libwpg-0.3-3:armhf				WordPerfect graphics import/convert library (shared library)
libwps-0.4-4:armhf				Works text file format import filter library (shared library)
libx11-dev:armhf				X11 client-side library (development headers)
libxau-dev:armhf				X11 authorisation library (development headers)
libxcb1-dev:armhf				X C Binding, development files
libxdmcp-dev:armhf				X11 authorisation library (development headers)
libxerces2-java				Validating XML parser for Java with DOM level 3 support
libxml-commons-external-java				XML Commons external code - DOM, SAX, and JAXP, etc
libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java				XML entity and URI resolver library
libxml-java				namespace aware SAX-Parser utility library
libxmlbeans-java				Java library for accessing XML by binding it to Java types
libxmlsec1:armhf				XML security library
libxmlsec1-nss:armhf				Nss engine for the XML security library
libxom-java				New XML object model for Java
libxsom-java				XML Schema Object Model Java library
libxt-dev:armhf				X11 toolkit intrinsics library (development headers)
libxz-java				Java library with a complete implementation of XZ data compression
libyajl2:armhf				Yet Another JSON Library
libzmf-0.0-0:armhf				Zoner Draw/Zebra file reading/converting library
lp-solve:armhf				Solve (mixed integer) linear programming problems
minecraft-pi:armhf				Minecraft for the Raspberry Pi
mu-editor				simple editor for beginner Python programmers
node-abbrev				Get unique abbreviations for a set of strings - Node.js module
node-ajv				another JSON Schema Validator
node-ansi				Advanced ANSI formatting tool for Node.js
nodejs-doc				API documentation for Node.js, the javascript platform
nodered:armhf				Node-RED - low-code programming for event-driven applications
npm				package manager for Node.js
nuscratch:armhf				Scratch running on the Stack (Cog) VM
openjdk-11-jdk:armhf				OpenJDK Development Kit (JDK)
openjdk-11-jdk-headless:armhf				OpenJDK Development Kit (JDK) (headless)
openjdk-11-jre:armhf				OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT
openjdk-11-jre-headless:armhf				OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)
openjfx:armhf				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java
openjfx-source				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (sources)
pyflakes				passive checker of Python 2 programs
pyflakes3				passive checker of Python 3 programs
python-games				Example games written in Python
python-matplotlib-data				Python based plotting system (data package)
python-minecraftpi				Python API for Minecraft Pi
python-picraft				Alternative API for controlling Minecraft from Python.
python-pyflakes				passive checker of Python 2 programs - Python modules
python-sense-emu				Client library for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT emulator.
python-sense-emu-doc				Documentation for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT emulator.
python3-appdirs				determining appropriate platform-specific directories (Python 3)
python3-cairo:armhf				Python3 bindings for the Cairo vector graphics library
python3-cycler				composable kwarg iterator (Python 3)
python3-dateutil				powerful extensions to the standard Python 3 datetime module
python3-decorator				simplify usage of Python decorators by programmers
python3-gi-cairo:armhf				Python 3 Cairo bindings for the GObject library
python3-guizero				module to allow quick and easy GUI creation (Python 3)
python3-ipykernel				IPython kernel for Jupyter (Python 3)
python3-ipython				Enhanced interactive Python shell (Python 3 version)
python3-ipython-genutils				IPython vestigial utilities for Python 3
python3-jupyter-client				Jupyter protocol client APIs (Python 3)
python3-jupyter-core				Core common functionality of Jupyter projects for Python 3
python3-kiwisolver:armhf				fast implementation of the Cassowary constraint solver - Python 3.X
python3-matplotlib:armhf				Python based plotting system in a style similar to Matlab (Python 3)
python3-minecraftpi				Raspberry PI Minecraft API python client library
python3-nudatus				module to remove comments from Python 3 scripts
python3-pexpect				Python 3 module for automating interactive applications
python3-pickleshare				File system based database that uses Python pickles for Python 3
python3-picraft				Alternative API for controlling Minecraft from Python.
python3-pil.imagetk:armhf				Python Imaging Library - ImageTk Module (Python3)
python3-prompt-toolkit				library for building interactive command lines (Python 3)
python3-ptyprocess				Run a subprocess in a pseudo terminal from Python 3
python3-pycodestyle				Python style guide checker (formerly called pep8) - Python 3.x
python3-pyflakes				passive checker of Python 3 programs - Python modules
python3-pyparsing				alternative to creating and executing simple grammars - Python 3.x
python3-pyqt5:armhf				Python 3 bindings for Qt5
python3-pyqt5.qsci:armhf				Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 with Qt 5
python3-pyqt5.qtserialport:armhf				Python 3 bindings for QtSerialPort module
python3-pyqt5.qtsvg:armhf				Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SVG module
python3-qtconsole				Jupyter - Qt console (Python 3)
python3-semver				helps to compare semantic versioning - Python 3.x
python3-sense-emu				Client library for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT emulator.
python3-simplegeneric				simple generic functions for Python3
python3-sip:armhf				Python 3/C++ bindings generator runtime library
python3-tornado:armhf				scalable, non-blocking web server and tools - Python 3 package
python3-traitlets				Lightweight Traits-like package for Python 3
python3-uflash				module and utility for flashing the BBC micro:bit
python3-uno:armhf				Python-UNO bridge
python3-wcwidth				determine printable width of a string on a terminal (Python 3)
python3-zmq:armhf				Python3 bindings for 0MQ library
qjackctl:armhf				User interface for controlling the JACK sound server
rake				ruby make-like utility
realvnc-vnc-viewer:armhf				VNC® Viewer
rtimucli:armhf				Simple command-line utility to read IMU
ruby:armhf				Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby (default version)
ruby-activesupport				Support and utility classes used by the Rails 4.1 framework
ruby-xmlrpc				XMLRPC library for Ruby
ruby2.5:armhf				Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby
rubygems-integration				integration of Debian Ruby packages with Rubygems
sc3-plugins-server:armhf				Compiled scsynth UGen plugins for SuperCollider
scratch				easy to use programming environment for ages 8 and up
scratch2:armhf				Electron build of Scratch 2 offline
scratch3:armhf				Electron build of Scratch 3 offline
sense-emu-tools				Emulator for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT.
smartsim:armhf				Digital logic circuit design and simulation package.
sonic-pi:armhf				Live Coding for Everyone
sonic-pi-samples				Audio samples for Sonic Pi
sonic-pi-server				Backend server for Sonic Pi
squeak-vm:armhf				virtual machine for Smalltalk
supercollider-server:armhf				real time audio synthesis server
ttf-bitstream-vera				The Bitstream Vera family of free TrueType fonts
uno-libs3:armhf				LibreOffice UNO runtime environment -- public shared libraries
ure:armhf				LibreOffice UNO runtime environment
uuid-dev:armhf				Universally Unique ID library - headers and static libraries
wolfram-engine:armhf				Mathematica® and the Wolfram Language
wolframscript:armhf				WolframScript (for the Command Line)
x11proto-core-dev				transitional dummy package
x11proto-dev				X11 extension protocols and auxiliary headers
xfonts-100dpi				100 dpi fonts for X
xfonts-encodings				Encodings for X.Org fonts
xfonts-utils:armhf				X Window System font utility programs
xorg-sgml-doctools				Common tools for building X.Org SGML documentation
xtrans-dev				X transport library (development files)
zip:armhf				Archiver for .zip files

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:13 pm

kaanw wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:28 pm
As of the 2020-08-20 release, the extra packages in the full install over the basic desktop install are listed below; package name, then description. The data were extracted by comparing these two files
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspi ... -full.info
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspi ... armhf.info

Code: Select all

ant				Java based build tool like make
ant-contrib				collection of tasks, types and other tools for Apache Ant
ant-optional				Java based build tool like make - optional libraries
apparmor:armhf				user-space parser utility for AppArmor
bluej				A simple but powerful Java IDE.
ca-certificates-java				Common CA certificates (JKS keystore)
claws-mail:armhf				Fast, lightweight and user-friendly GTK+2 based email client
claws-mail-i18n				Locale data for Claws Mail (i18n support)
code-the-classics				Python games to accompany Code the Classics Volume 1 book
coinor-libcoinmp1v5:armhf				Simple C API for COIN-OR Solvers Clp and Cbc -- library
coinor-libcoinutils3v5:armhf				Coin-or collection of utility classes (binaries and libraries)
coinor-libosi1v5:armhf				COIN-OR Open Solver Interface
firebird3.0-common				common files for firebird 3 server, client and utilities
firebird3.0-common-doc				copyright, licensing and changelogs of firebird3.0
firebird3.0-server-core:armhf				Firebird engine core
firebird3.0-utils:armhf				Firebird command line utilities
firmware-microbit-micropython				MicroPython runtime for the BBC micro:bit
fonts-crosextra-caladea				Serif font metric-compatible with the Cambria font
fonts-crosextra-carlito				Sans-serif font metric-compatible with Calibri font
fonts-dejavu				metapackage to pull in fonts-dejavu-core and fonts-dejavu-extra
fonts-dejavu-extra				Vera font family derivate with additional characters (extra variants)
fonts-inconsolata				monospace font for pretty code listings and for the terminal
fonts-lato				sans-serif typeface family font
fonts-liberation				Fonts with the same metrics as Times, Arial and Courier
fonts-linuxlibertine				Linux Libertine family of fonts
fonts-lyx				TrueType versions of some TeX fonts used by LyX
fonts-noto-core				No Tofu font families with large Unicode coverage (core)
fonts-noto-ui-core				No Tofu font families with large Unicode coverage (UI core)
fonts-opensymbol				OpenSymbol TrueType font
fonts-sil-gentium				extended Unicode Latin font ("a typeface for the nations")
fonts-sil-gentium-basic				smart Unicode font families (Basic and Book Basic) based on Gentium
gconf-service:armhf				GNOME configuration database system (D-Bus service)
gconf2-common				GNOME configuration database system (common files)
greenfoot-unbundled				A simple but powerful Java IDE.
gstreamer1.0-gtk3:armhf				GStreamer plugin for GTK+3
gyp				Cross-platform build script generator
jackd				JACK Audio Connection Kit (default server package)
jackd2:armhf				JACK Audio Connection Kit (server and example clients)
java-common				Base package for Java runtimes
libabw-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and writing AbiWord(tm) documents
libactivation-java				JavaBeans Activation Framework
libaopalliance-java				library for interoperability for Java AOP implementations
libapache-poi-java				Apache POI - Java API for Microsoft Documents
libapache-pom-java				Maven metadata for all Apache Software projects
libargs4j-java				Java command line arguments parser
libasm-java				Java bytecode manipulation framework
libatinject-jsr330-api-java				Java API for JSR-330 Dependency Injection
libatk-wrapper-java				ATK implementation for Java using JNI
libatk-wrapper-java-jni:armhf				ATK implementation for Java using JNI (JNI bindings)
libaubio5:armhf				library for audio segmentation
libbase-java				A general purpose base service library (OOo 3.1 branch)
libbcmail-java				Bouncy Castle generators/processors for S/MIME and CMS
libbcpkix-java				Bouncy Castle Java API for PKIX, CMS, EAC, TSP, PKCS, OCSP, CMP, and CRMF
libbcprov-java				Bouncy Castle Java Cryptographic Service Provider
libboost-chrono1.67.0:armhf				C++ representation of time duration, time point, and clocks
libboost-date-time1.67.0:armhf				set of date-time libraries based on generic programming concepts
libboost-filesystem1.67.0:armhf				filesystem operations (portable paths, iteration over directories, etc) in C++
libboost-locale1.67.0:armhf				C++ facilities for localization
libbsh-java				Java scripting environment (BeanShell) Version 2 (library)
libc-ares2:armhf				asynchronous name resolver
libcdi-api-java				Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java EE
libcdr-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and converting Corel DRAW files
libcglib-java				Code generation library for Java
libclucene-contribs1v5:armhf				language specific text analyzers (runtime)
libclucene-core1v5:armhf				core library for full-featured text search engine (runtime)
libcmis-0.5-5v5:armhf				CMIS protocol client library
libcodemodel-java				Java library for code generators
libcolamd2:armhf				column approximate minimum degree ordering library for sparse matrices
libcommons-cli-java				Command line arguments and options parsing library
libcommons-codec-java				encoder and decoders such as Base64 and hexadecimal codec
libcommons-collections3-java				Apache Commons Collections - Extended Collections API for Java
libcommons-math3-java				Java lightweight mathematics and statistics components
libcommons-parent-java				Maven metadata for Apache Commons project
libcompfaceg1:armhf				Compress/decompress images for mailheaders, libc6 runtime
libcurvesapi-java				Java implementation of mathematical curves defined over a set of control points
libdom4j-java				Flexible XML framework for Java
libdtd-parser-java				Java library for parsing XML DTDs
libe-book-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and converting various e-book formats
libehcache-java				distributed cache library
libel-api-java				Expression Language API
libeot0:armhf				Library for parsing/converting Embedded OpenType files
libepubgen-0.1-1:armhf				EPUB generator library
libetonyek-0.1-1:armhf				library for reading and converting Apple Keynote presentations
libetpan20:armhf				mail handling library
libexiv2-14:armhf				EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library
libexttextcat-2.0-0:armhf				Language detection library
libexttextcat-data				Language detection library - data files
libfastinfoset-java				Java library implementing the Fast Infoset standard
libfbclient2:armhf				Firebird client library
libflute-java				Java CSS parser using SAC (JFree version)
libfonts-java				Java fonts layouting library
libformula-java				Excel(tm) style formula expressions library
libfreehand-0.1-1:armhf				Library for parsing the FreeHand file format structure
libgconf-2-4:armhf				GNOME configuration database system (shared libraries)
libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java				Apache Geronimo Common Annotations 1.3 API
libgeronimo-interceptor-3.0-spec-java				Geronimo API implementation of the Interceptor 3 spec
libgfortran3:armhf				Runtime library for GNU Fortran applications
libgit2-27:armhf				low-level Git library
libglu1-mesa:armhf				Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
libgmime-2.6-0:armhf				MIME message parser and creator library (old 2.6 version)
libgpgme11:armhf				GPGME - GnuPG Made Easy (library)
libgpgmepp6:armhf				C++ wrapper library for GPGME
libguava-java				Suite of Google common libraries for Java
libguice-java				lightweight dependency injection framework for Java 5 and above
libhawtjni-runtime-java				Java library that provide JNI code generation
libhsqldb1.8.0-java				Java SQL database engine
libhttp-parser2.8:armhf				parser for HTTP messages written in C
libhttpclient-java				HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation
libhttpcore-java				set of low level HTTP transport components for Java
libib-util:armhf				Firebird UDF support library
libice-dev:armhf				X11 Inter-Client Exchange library (development headers)
libicu4j-java				Library for Unicode support and internationalization
libintellij-annotations-java				transitional package for libjetbrains-annotations-java
libistack-commons-java				Common code for some Glassfish projects
libitext-java				Java Library to create and manipulate PDF on the fly
libjansi-java				Java library for generating and interpreting ANSI escape sequences
libjansi-native-java				Java library for ANSI escape sequences - native component
libjaxb-api-java				Java Architecture for XML Binding API
libjaxb-java				JAXB Reference Implementation
libjaxen-java				Java XPath engine
libjcommon-java				General Purpose library for Java
libjdom1-java				lightweight and fast library using XML
libjetbrains-annotations-java				annotations used for code inspection support and code documentation
libjs-inherits				Exposes inherits function from Node.js environment
libjs-is-typedarray				JavaScript library checking if object is TypedArray
libjs-jquery-ui				JavaScript UI library for dynamic web applications
libjsoup-java				Java HTML parser that makes sense of real-world HTML soup
libjsp-api-java				JavaServer Pages API
libjsr305-java				Java library that provides annotations for software defect detection
liblangtag-common				library to access tags for identifying languages -- data
liblangtag1:armhf				library to access tags for identifying languages
liblayout-java				Java layouting framework
libloader-java				Java general purpose resource loading framework
liblockfile-bin:armhf				support binaries for and cli utilities based on liblockfile
liblockfile1:armhf				NFS-safe locking library
liblog4j1.2-java				Logging library for java
libmail-java				JavaMail API Reference Implementation
libmaven-file-management-java				Maven File Management API
libmaven-parent-java				Maven metadata for Apache Maven itself
libmaven-resolver-java				Library to handle Java artifact repositories
libmbedcrypto3:armhf				lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library - crypto library
libmbedtls12:armhf				lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library - tls library
libmbedx509-0:armhf				lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library - x509 certificate library
libmhash2:armhf				Library for cryptographic hashing and message authentication
libmspub-0.1-1:armhf				library for parsing the mspub file structure
libmwaw-0.3-3:armhf				import library for some old Mac text documents
libmythes-1.2-0:armhf				simple thesaurus library
libncurses5:armhf				shared libraries for terminal handling (legacy version)
libneon27-gnutls:armhf				HTTP and WebDAV client library (GnuTLS enabled)
libnode-dev:armhf				evented I/O for V8 javascript (development files)
libnode64:armhf				evented I/O for V8 javascript - runtime library
libnumbertext-1.0-0:armhf				Number to number name and money text conversion library
libnumbertext-data				Number to number name and money text conversion library -- data files
libodfgen-0.1-1:armhf				library to generate ODF documents
libopenjfx-java				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (Java libraries)
libopenjfx-jni:armhf				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (native libraries)
liborcus-0.14-0:armhf				library for processing spreadsheet documents
libpagemaker-0.0-0:armhf				Library for importing and converting PageMaker Documents
libpentaho-reporting-flow-engine-java				report library for java
libpixie-java				Java Vector Format Viewer Library
libplexus-archiver-java				Archiver plugin for the Plexus compiler system
libplexus-cipher-java				Plexus Cipher Component used by Maven
libplexus-classworlds-java				Class loading utilities for the Plexus framework
libplexus-io-java				Plexus IO Components
libplexus-sec-dispatcher-java				Plexus Security Dispatcher Component used by Maven
libplexus-utils2-java				utilities for the Plexus framework
libpng12-0:armhf				PNG library - runtime
libportaudio2:armhf				Portable audio I/O - shared library
libpq5:armhf				PostgreSQL C client library
libpthread-stubs0-dev:armhf				pthread stubs not provided by native libc, development files
libqscintilla2-qt5-13:armhf				Qt5 port of the Scintilla source code editing widget
libqscintilla2-qt5-l10n				Scintilla source code editing widget for Qt5, translation files
libqt5charts5:armhf				Qt charts shared library
libqt5designer5:armhf				Qt 5 designer module
libqt5help5:armhf				Qt 5 help module
libqt5opengl5:armhf				Qt 5 OpenGL module
libqt5serialport5:armhf				Qt 5 serial port support
libqt5test5:armhf				Qt 5 test module
libqwt-qt5-6:armhf				Qt widgets library for technical applications (runtime, qt5)
libqxp-0.0-0:armhf				library for reading and converting QuarkXPress files
libraptor2-0:armhf				Raptor 2 RDF syntax library
librasqal3:armhf				Rasqal RDF query library
librdf0:armhf				Redland Resource Description Framework (RDF) library
librelaxng-datatype-java				Java datatype interface for RELAX NG
libreoffice:armhf				office productivity suite (metapackage)
libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer:armhf				GStreamer backend for LibreOffice
libreoffice-wiki-publisher				LibreOffice extension for working with MediaWiki articles
libreoffice-writer:armhf				office productivity suite -- word processor
librepository-java				abstraction library for accessing hierachic bulk content
librevenge-0.0-0:armhf				Base Library for writing document interface filters
librngom-java				Java library for parsing RELAX NG grammars
librtaudio6:armhf				C++ library for realtime audio input/ouput
librtmidi4:armhf				C++ library for realtime MIDI input/ouput
libruby2.5:armhf				Libraries necessary to run Ruby 2.5
libsac-java				Simple API for CSS Java library
libsaxonhe-java				Saxon-HE is the XSLT and XQuery Processor
libscsynth1:armhf				SuperCollider synthesis server library
libserializer-java				general serializaton framework
libservlet-api-java				Java Servlet API
libservlet3.1-java				Java Servlet API 3.1 (transitional package)
libsisu-guice-java				Patched build of Google Guice for Sisu-IoC
libsisu-inject-java				Dependency Injection container for Java
libsisu-ioc-java				JSR 330 container and OSGi/Plexus adapter
libsisu-plexus-java				Plexus adapter for the Sisu dependency injection container
libslf4j-java				Simple Logging Facade for Java
libsm-dev:armhf				X11 Session Management library (development headers)
libsnappy-java				Snappy for Java, a fast compressor/decompresser
libsnappy-jni:armhf				Snappy for Java, a fast compressor/decompresser (JNI library)
libssl-dev:armhf				Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files
libssl1.0.2:armhf				Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
libstaroffice-0.0-0:armhf				Import filter library to import all StarOffice documents
libstax-ex-java				Extended StAX API
libstk-4.5.0:armhf				Sound Synthesis Toolkit
libstreambuffer-java				XML Stream Buffer
libsuitesparseconfig5:armhf				configuration routines for all SuiteSparse modules
libtommath1:armhf				multiple-precision integer library [runtime]
libtxw2-java				Typed XML Writer for Java
libuv1:armhf				asynchronous event notification library - runtime library
libuv1-dev:armhf				asynchronous event notification library - development files
libvisio-0.1-1:armhf				library for parsing the visio file structure
libwagon-http-java				Artifact transport abstraction used in Maven (HTTP providers)
libwagon-provider-api-java				Artifact transport abstraction used in Maven (Provider API)
libwebsocket-api-java				Java WebSocket API
libwpd-0.10-10:armhf				Library for handling WordPerfect documents (shared library)
libwpg-0.3-3:armhf				WordPerfect graphics import/convert library (shared library)
libwps-0.4-4:armhf				Works text file format import filter library (shared library)
libx11-dev:armhf				X11 client-side library (development headers)
libxau-dev:armhf				X11 authorisation library (development headers)
libxcb1-dev:armhf				X C Binding, development files
libxdmcp-dev:armhf				X11 authorisation library (development headers)
libxerces2-java				Validating XML parser for Java with DOM level 3 support
libxml-commons-external-java				XML Commons external code - DOM, SAX, and JAXP, etc
libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java				XML entity and URI resolver library
libxml-java				namespace aware SAX-Parser utility library
libxmlbeans-java				Java library for accessing XML by binding it to Java types
libxmlsec1:armhf				XML security library
libxmlsec1-nss:armhf				Nss engine for the XML security library
libxom-java				New XML object model for Java
libxsom-java				XML Schema Object Model Java library
libxt-dev:armhf				X11 toolkit intrinsics library (development headers)
libxz-java				Java library with a complete implementation of XZ data compression
libyajl2:armhf				Yet Another JSON Library
libzmf-0.0-0:armhf				Zoner Draw/Zebra file reading/converting library
lp-solve:armhf				Solve (mixed integer) linear programming problems
minecraft-pi:armhf				Minecraft for the Raspberry Pi
mu-editor				simple editor for beginner Python programmers
node-abbrev				Get unique abbreviations for a set of strings - Node.js module
node-ajv				another JSON Schema Validator
node-ansi				Advanced ANSI formatting tool for Node.js
nodejs-doc				API documentation for Node.js, the javascript platform
nodered:armhf				Node-RED - low-code programming for event-driven applications
npm				package manager for Node.js
nuscratch:armhf				Scratch running on the Stack (Cog) VM
openjdk-11-jdk:armhf				OpenJDK Development Kit (JDK)
openjdk-11-jdk-headless:armhf				OpenJDK Development Kit (JDK) (headless)
openjdk-11-jre:armhf				OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT
openjdk-11-jre-headless:armhf				OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)
openjfx:armhf				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java
openjfx-source				JavaFX/OpenJFX - Rich client application platform for Java (sources)
pyflakes				passive checker of Python 2 programs
pyflakes3				passive checker of Python 3 programs
python-games				Example games written in Python
python-matplotlib-data				Python based plotting system (data package)
python-minecraftpi				Python API for Minecraft Pi
python-picraft				Alternative API for controlling Minecraft from Python.
python-pyflakes				passive checker of Python 2 programs - Python modules
python-sense-emu				Client library for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT emulator.
python-sense-emu-doc				Documentation for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT emulator.
python3-appdirs				determining appropriate platform-specific directories (Python 3)
python3-cairo:armhf				Python3 bindings for the Cairo vector graphics library
python3-cycler				composable kwarg iterator (Python 3)
python3-dateutil				powerful extensions to the standard Python 3 datetime module
python3-decorator				simplify usage of Python decorators by programmers
python3-gi-cairo:armhf				Python 3 Cairo bindings for the GObject library
python3-guizero				module to allow quick and easy GUI creation (Python 3)
python3-ipykernel				IPython kernel for Jupyter (Python 3)
python3-ipython				Enhanced interactive Python shell (Python 3 version)
python3-ipython-genutils				IPython vestigial utilities for Python 3
python3-jupyter-client				Jupyter protocol client APIs (Python 3)
python3-jupyter-core				Core common functionality of Jupyter projects for Python 3
python3-kiwisolver:armhf				fast implementation of the Cassowary constraint solver - Python 3.X
python3-matplotlib:armhf				Python based plotting system in a style similar to Matlab (Python 3)
python3-minecraftpi				Raspberry PI Minecraft API python client library
python3-nudatus				module to remove comments from Python 3 scripts
python3-pexpect				Python 3 module for automating interactive applications
python3-pickleshare				File system based database that uses Python pickles for Python 3
python3-picraft				Alternative API for controlling Minecraft from Python.
python3-pil.imagetk:armhf				Python Imaging Library - ImageTk Module (Python3)
python3-prompt-toolkit				library for building interactive command lines (Python 3)
python3-ptyprocess				Run a subprocess in a pseudo terminal from Python 3
python3-pycodestyle				Python style guide checker (formerly called pep8) - Python 3.x
python3-pyflakes				passive checker of Python 3 programs - Python modules
python3-pyparsing				alternative to creating and executing simple grammars - Python 3.x
python3-pyqt5:armhf				Python 3 bindings for Qt5
python3-pyqt5.qsci:armhf				Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 with Qt 5
python3-pyqt5.qtserialport:armhf				Python 3 bindings for QtSerialPort module
python3-pyqt5.qtsvg:armhf				Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SVG module
python3-qtconsole				Jupyter - Qt console (Python 3)
python3-semver				helps to compare semantic versioning - Python 3.x
python3-sense-emu				Client library for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT emulator.
python3-simplegeneric				simple generic functions for Python3
python3-sip:armhf				Python 3/C++ bindings generator runtime library
python3-tornado:armhf				scalable, non-blocking web server and tools - Python 3 package
python3-traitlets				Lightweight Traits-like package for Python 3
python3-uflash				module and utility for flashing the BBC micro:bit
python3-uno:armhf				Python-UNO bridge
python3-wcwidth				determine printable width of a string on a terminal (Python 3)
python3-zmq:armhf				Python3 bindings for 0MQ library
qjackctl:armhf				User interface for controlling the JACK sound server
rake				ruby make-like utility
realvnc-vnc-viewer:armhf				VNC® Viewer
rtimucli:armhf				Simple command-line utility to read IMU
ruby:armhf				Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby (default version)
ruby-activesupport				Support and utility classes used by the Rails 4.1 framework
ruby-xmlrpc				XMLRPC library for Ruby
ruby2.5:armhf				Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby
rubygems-integration				integration of Debian Ruby packages with Rubygems
sc3-plugins-server:armhf				Compiled scsynth UGen plugins for SuperCollider
scratch				easy to use programming environment for ages 8 and up
scratch2:armhf				Electron build of Scratch 2 offline
scratch3:armhf				Electron build of Scratch 3 offline
sense-emu-tools				Emulator for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT.
smartsim:armhf				Digital logic circuit design and simulation package.
sonic-pi:armhf				Live Coding for Everyone
sonic-pi-samples				Audio samples for Sonic Pi
sonic-pi-server				Backend server for Sonic Pi
squeak-vm:armhf				virtual machine for Smalltalk
supercollider-server:armhf				real time audio synthesis server
ttf-bitstream-vera				The Bitstream Vera family of free TrueType fonts
uno-libs3:armhf				LibreOffice UNO runtime environment -- public shared libraries
ure:armhf				LibreOffice UNO runtime environment
uuid-dev:armhf				Universally Unique ID library - headers and static libraries
wolfram-engine:armhf				Mathematica® and the Wolfram Language
wolframscript:armhf				WolframScript (for the Command Line)
x11proto-core-dev				transitional dummy package
x11proto-dev				X11 extension protocols and auxiliary headers
xfonts-100dpi				100 dpi fonts for X
xfonts-encodings				Encodings for X.Org fonts
xfonts-utils:armhf				X Window System font utility programs
xorg-sgml-doctools				Common tools for building X.Org SGML documentation
xtrans-dev				X transport library (development files)
zip:armhf				Archiver for .zip files
Unfortunately, the information has been obsoleted by the December 2020 release of RasPiOS a week or so prior to this post.

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”