DustinDVF

Mirror director directing to broken repository mirror

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:52 am

I am not really sure where to report this but the raspbian repository mirror director keeps directing me to a faulty mirror and has been for the last day meaning i have been unable to apt-get install anything.

the mirror in question is the mirror at raspbian.mirror.colo-serv.net/raspbian/ and it still responds to ping requests but if i try to visit it or anything it won't load and at the time of writing this is broken/down.

what i'd like to know is
1: where can i report or notify that a mirror that is directed to by mirrordirector.raspbian.org have gone down for a long period of time or is broken.
2: is there a way i can change which mirror mirrordirector.raspbian.org directs me too.
(i know i can change the apt sources but i'd like to avoid manually specifying mirrors when normally i can easily just use the default mirrordirector and not worry about it)

edit: the broken mirror is back up so i don't have an immediate issue anymore though an answer for these questions would still be nice for future reference if a mirror goes down again

DobaMuffin

Re: Mirror director directing to broken repository mirror

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm having issues with that mirror currently. It keeps failing to connect.

CharlesGodwin

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:37 pm

raspbian.mirror.colo-serv.net is still not responding

Cmdrdata1010

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:55 pm

This is still not responding. Can anyone suggest how to change the default mirror as suggested in the original post? This would help things move along. I am a NOOB so its a bit frustrating to get to know the Raspberry Pi when you can't update the OS.

Will check around and see if there is any other method to do this update/upgrade. Initial installation of Raspbian worked but it failed on the last bit. Up and functional but after installing Pi.Hole, it wants the OS updated. So, stuck here.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:26 am

I have disabled it's entry in the mirror redirection system for now.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:56 am

Just got a reply from the mirror operator that someone was flooding it with large numbers of connections and that they have now dealt with the issue.

I have re-enabled the mirror redirection entry for now. Please tell me if you still have problems.

Return to “Raspbian”