hugovantriet

faster micro SD card

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:58 am

Hello Pi lovers,

I'm running emteria OS on my Raspberry Pi 3 model B, but it is extreme slow. I'm using a class C10 micro SD card. Can a faster SD card be my solution? Or do I have to overclock? If I have to, how can I overclock in Android?

Thank you in advance! :D

fruitoftheloom

Re: faster micro SD card

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:42 pm

hugovantriet wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:58 am
Hello Pi lovers,

I'm running emteria OS on my Raspberry Pi 3 model B, but it is extreme slow. I'm using a class C10 micro SD card. Can a faster SD card be my solution? Or do I have to overclock? If I have to, how can I overclock in Android?

Thank you in advance! :D

All variants of Android are not optimised for the Raspberry Pi Hardware, and are in fact Community Supported iterations:

viewforum.php?f=73

LineageOS 14.1 appears to be most up to date release.
Retired disgracefully.....

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:58 pm

In fact, none of the Android variaties (can) make use of the acceleration brought by the RPI’s GPU, that Raspbian does use.

hugovantriet

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:11 pm

The reason I want to use Android, is because popcorn time. I tried to install it on Linux, but I get errors like wrong architecture and can't access E:/. So I tried to install on Android. All Kodi plugins I try to install are deleted from famous repos. Do you have suggestions/tips for me?

fruitoftheloom

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:21 pm

hugovantriet wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:11 pm
The reason I want to use Android, is because popcorn time. I tried to install it on Linux, but I get errors like wrong architecture and can't access E:/. So I tried to install on Android. All Kodi plugins I try to install are deleted from famous repos. Do you have suggestions/tips for me?
PopcornTime only has Linux x86 CPU downloads the Raspberry Pi SBC is ARM CPU. Legality of this site is questionable in some countries.

Regards Kodi add-ons only official ones can be discussed in these Forums:

https://kodi.tv/addons
Retired disgracefully.....

Konsta

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:04 am

mahjongg wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:58 pm
In fact, none of the Android variaties (can) make use of the acceleration brought by the RPI’s GPU, that Raspbian does use.
How come? Nougat based builds use open source VC4 graphics driver. You can optionally use it with Raspbian as well instead of the closed one. Broadcom just doesn't provide Android specific proprietary graphics drivers for Raspberry Pi (as this not an Android device to begin with).
KonstaKANG.com

Return to “Android”