agensler

Which technology to use for web interfaces

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 am

Hello everybody,

I've written an app-service (UWP C#) which periodically downloads some data via REST and producing some reports (csv-based).
I want to access these reports and some of the settings via web-interface or something similar.

What technology am I possible to use?

Greetings
Alexander

agensler

Re: Which technology to use for web interfaces

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm

any other possibilities as I have no knowledge about node.js yet?

Heater

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Now I don't understand.

If you want a suggestion for a solution you do know about then you already know the answer to your question.

Node.js is easy. It's just Javascript. There is tons of documentation, tutorials and examples as to how to use it all over the net.

PhatFil

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Node red dashboard should let you do it with a gui drag n drop interface.

agensler

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 am

Heater wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:55 pm
Now I don't understand.

If you want a suggestion for a solution you do know about then you already know the answer to your question.

Node.js is easy. It's just Javascript. There is tons of documentation, tutorials and examples as to how to use it all over the net.
I'm sorry, it looks like we probably had a little misunderstanding. I was looking for technologies which I can use for my project. You recommend node.js, thanks a lot for that. I've read some information about it and it looks like it's the most common used technology for this type of problem. However as I said I don't have any experience with javascript (I've just started programming) and was just asking, if there are any alternatives as I'm still trying to learn C#. A second language like js is probably a bit too much for now.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”