alonhuber

Raspberry on zero esc don't work properly

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to control RS2205 motor with Bl Heli esc. I tried to connect pwm Gnd to rpi Gnd, and pwm signal to gpio 13 and 4 and the power cables to 4 1.5v batteries/5v transformer .
The function set_servo_pulsewidth make him beep and very rarely to work for few seconds but mostly it doesn't make on the motor.
Any suggestions?

pcmanbob

Re: Raspberry on zero esc don't work properly

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi.

From the little information supplied I suggest you research on how to set up your Bl Heli esc as most esc's require you to send a certain signal or stream of setup signals on start up, its the equivalent of programming it to wok with the RC setup that they are normally used with.

This video shows an example of the start-up/hand shaking that's required : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yum1ilAGT4Y
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

alonhuber

Re: Raspberry on zero esc don't work properly

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Thank you!
I didn't knew I need a hand shake. The code in the video look like standard pwm, the main difference between my code and the video code is the library that used. I'm using pigpio and they're using RPI.GPIO, I tried to copy the video code and it didn't work...If you can send me tutorial or example I will be thankful, I started to search myself and if I will find something I post it.

Return to “Troubleshooting”