RPi_Mike

Re: STICKY: TUTORIAL: Build the #1 Image Viewer – Automatically in 3 Minutes!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:32 pm

GeofP wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm
I have sucessfully installed feh using your tutorial..... Thank you for providing an excellent set of instructions together with background information.

It works fine displaying images, previous and next and a slideshow with images stored on the Pi SD card or a drive mounted on the USB interface.

Awesome!

GeofP wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm
However it will not display an image mounted on a remote drive..... The 500G HDD is accessed by other Pi by mounting it with the following entry in that Pi's /etc/fstab..... Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

This is definitely some kind of networking issue — or an issue with the external device's configuration. It's certainly not a graphics issue. My image-viewing solution is merely an "innocent bystander" to whatever is going on.

GPicView is a totally separate program from my solution, yet on your system it can't even move through standard image files on your remote device. Although this doesn't tell me the exact cause, it tells me all I need to know at the 30,000-foot level: For whatever reason, your remotely-accessed storage device is not behaving as a completely normal, locally-accessed Ext4 device.

And that's a problem — because no matter how a storage device is actually connected behind the scenes, it should still "look" and behave like any other storage device in order for mainstream applications to use it.

So my best suggestion is to Google around and check out some of the other forums on this site that deal specifically with remotely-accessed storage devices.

GeofP

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks for your interest. I will have a go at sorting the problem.

HEMAN14

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:56 am

My photos are on MAC MINI any idea how to move to pi

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”