thagrol

Re: Pi car music player advice

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 pm

Just do it from your client. Those command run at startup only. Any subsequent commands from mpc or any other mpd client will override them.

You'd only need to login and edit the script if you wanted different startup behaviour.

Note that with a read only filesystem mpd won't be able to save its state file so it won't resume where it left off even if you remove the startup commands.
Note to self: don't feed the trolls

If I've asked you a question, please answer it. I'm unlikely to be able to help without that information.

rivethead

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm

thagrol wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 pm
Just do it from your client. Those command run at startup only. Any subsequent commands from mpc or any other mpd client will override them.

You'd only need to login and edit the script if you wanted different startup behaviour.

Note that with a read only filesystem mpd won't be able to save its state file so it won't resume where it left off even if you remove the startup commands.
I don't see any options to do that with the mpdroid client, maybe there's another one that does. Or I just haven't found out how yet.
I don't need it to resume where I left off as long as I can change it through the client. I like the default setting of random play on startup but would like to be able to change it to play an album in sequence when desired.

So far it's a great little player!

thagrol

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:00 pm

rivethead wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm
I don't see any options to do that with the mpdroid client, maybe there's another one that does. Or I just haven't found out how yet.
I don't need it to resume where I left off as long as I can change it through the client. I like the default setting of random play on startup but would like to be able to change it to play an album in sequence when desired.
I'm not familiar witt mpdroid so can't give precise instructions but it should be something like this:
  • Clear current queue/playlist
  • Switch off repeat
  • Switch off random/shuffle
  • Add album to playlist
  • Hit play
It's not something I'd recommend doing whilst driving, have a passenger do it or do it before moving off. With the engine running otherwise you'll lose it when starting - most cars cut power to the accessory feed when running the starter motor.
So far it's a great little player!
:)

If I've asked you a question, please answer it. I'm unlikely to be able to help without that information.

rivethead

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:44 am

Hi Guys,

I've continued to experiment with the pi zero as a music player. I'm struggling with making it Read-only so I don't have to wory as much about hard shutdowns. I always lose contact with the access point right after I run the commands for making the system read-only. Any ideas on what I might need to do to make a remote controlled pi creating an access point but continue to access once the switch is made?

thagrol

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Return to “Media centres”