jdonald

Re: Introducing Pi386

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Hey thanks for digging into all of that. Hopefully your info will help someone find a fix for the Buster chroot ldconfig problem.
dqs105 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:32 am
I just followed the directions on https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian , which is the official site of wine.
Ahh cool. I had been using the PlayOnLinux binaries mainly as instructed by novaspirit's tutorial. Using the standard ppa as you've pointed out provides version 4.15 from winehq-devel.
BTW, has anyone tried to build qemu 4.1.0 on Pi? Maybe upgrading qemu will solve this.
Oh I neglected to mention that I compiled qemu static from source and am using 4.0.95 (v4.1.0-rc5-dirty). I wasn't sure that mattered but apparently it does. I just uploaded my binaries here edit: something regressed and segfaults by commit 23919ddfd5 so use this instead: f28ed74fd1. I had to install both qemu-user-static from apt and overwrite with these files, because I think the repo installation does some necessary setup with binfmt-support.

Cross-compiled in an x86_64 laptop's Buster container so it takes a couple minutes rather than hours. Procedure was roughly as follows:

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.qemu-project.org/qemu.git
cd qemu
sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf flex bison libglib2.0-dev:armhf # and possibly other lib*-dev:armhf deps
./configure --cross-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabihf- --prefix=$(pwd)/usr --static --target-list="i386-linux-user x86_64-linux-user " --enable-linux-user --disable-system
make && make install
cd usr/bin
for f in *; do mv $f $f-static; done
cd -
I included the x86_64 part for future use, but haven't tested it.

shadowownz

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:25 pm

jdonald wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:33 pm
Hey thanks for digging into all of that. Hopefully your info will help someone find a fix for the Buster chroot ldconfig problem.
dqs105 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:32 am
I just followed the directions on https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian , which is the official site of wine.
Ahh cool. I had been using the PlayOnLinux binaries mainly as instructed by novaspirit's tutorial. Using the standard ppa as you've pointed out provides version 4.15 from winehq-devel.
BTW, has anyone tried to build qemu 4.1.0 on Pi? Maybe upgrading qemu will solve this.
Oh I neglected to mention that I compiled qemu static from source and am using 4.0.95 (v4.1.0-rc5-dirty). I wasn't sure that mattered but apparently it does. I just uploaded my binaries here edit: something regressed and segfaults by commit 23919ddfd5 so use this instead: f28ed74fd1. I had to install both qemu-user-static from apt and overwrite with these files, because I think the repo installation does some necessary setup with binfmt-support.

Cross-compiled in an x86_64 laptop's Buster container so it takes a couple minutes rather than hours. Procedure was roughly as follows:

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.qemu-project.org/qemu.git
cd qemu
sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf flex bison libglib2.0-dev:armhf # and possibly other lib*-dev:armhf deps
./configure --cross-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabihf- --prefix=$(pwd)/usr --static --target-list="i386-linux-user x86_64-linux-user " --enable-linux-user --disable-system
make && make install
cd usr/bin
for f in *; do mv $f $f-static; done
cd -
I included the x86_64 part for future use, but haven't tested it.
libpixman-1-dev is needed as well. How long did it take to make && make install on a pi 4?

jdonald

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:28 am

It took about 3 minutes to cross-compile. I didn't attempt to build natively, because RET80 said that would take about 4 hours.

Botspot

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Any Pi 4 support?
My doctor told me my brain is as useful as a Raspberry Pi. Is that a compliment?

Return to “Other projects”