Vonbystrom

Bluetooth Connection

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Hello! I can start by saying that I'm pretty new to Raspberry. If this is the wrong Forum/Topic, Admin can feel free to move it. :D
I have just done a simple program and got it running, and luckily got a couple of relays going.

My question is now, How can i control my raspberry pi with bluetooth/IOS? Is there any apps I can use and how do I configurate it on the Pi?
Of course the main reason why I ask is to control the relays.

/Best regards, Samuel

neilgl

Re: Bluetooth Connection

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Maybe you could use WiFi rather than Bluetooth.
E.g pairing an IOS iPad Air 2 with a pi gives “no services which can be used with Raspberry Pi”

On the other hand with WiFi you can control your pi using a web page or a terminal emulator to log in. Same on android phone. I use Termius (free).

Douglas6

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:30 pm

WiFi might well be easier than Bluetooth, especially with iOS, which does not support the Serial Port Profile. You can find some BLE programming tutorials for the Pi (not a lot) on the internet. I can't help you with iOS.

HawaiianPi

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 am

Another vote against using Bluetooth, especially on iOS.

Connect your Pi to your network either with Ethernet or WiFi, then you can use SSH for command line control, or VNC for remote desktop access. The RealVNC server is included with Raspbian Stretch Desktop, and the RealVNC Viewer is available for free from the RealVNC web saite.

https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/download/viewer/

For SSH there are loads of terminal apps.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

Return to “Beginners”