fos1

AIY Voice V1 - No luck with RPI 3 B+

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:57 pm

I recently purchased an AIY Voice V1 from Micro Center. After reviewing the documentation, I saw no reason not to use a RPi 3 B+ with the kit. However, after much experimentation and research here and on the internet, I could not get the V1 kit to work with the 3 B+. A new version of the software became available a few days ago dated August 3. I thought that might solve the problem. Still no luck.

I scavenged an RPi 3 B from an earlier project and used that with the AIY Voice V1 instead. After installing the Aug 3 software package and performing an update, the AIY Voice V1 works as expected.

Bottom line: With the software currently available the AIY Voice V1 will only work with the RPi 3B, not the RPi 3B+

V/r
fos1

DougieLawson

Re: AIY Voice V1 - No luck with RPI 3 B+

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 am

That's not true.

My AIY has been on my 3B+ since I got it.

I built it by copying /opt/aiy/* from the downloaded image then installing all of the aiy* packages over that with apt-get.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

fos1

Re: AIY Voice V1 - No luck with RPI 3 B+

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:17 pm

I tried several different approaches to install AIY. No luck. I gave up and used a 3B. I'll use the B+ for something else.

Judging by the traffic in the internet at large. It is not an uncommon problem. Neither did earlier posts on this forum find a solution.

Thank you,
v/r
fos

Return to “AIY Projects”