geharvey

Berryterminal local printing

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello,

I have been using an Ubuntu LTSP terminal server to boot about fourty thin clients. I want to replace the aging thin clients with Raspberry Pi's. these work very well, but some of the old thin clients are used for printing, where a USB Brother printer is connected and the lts.conf file specifies that printing is enabled. The Raspberry, however, does not read the lts.conf file on the server, so I don't know how I can enable printing support on the raspberry client. I was hoping that I could telnet or ssh into the respberry and set it up, but that doesn't seem possible either.

Does any know how to enable berry terminal to act as a print server for a locally connected printer?

Many thanks.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Berryterminal local printing

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 pm

geharvey wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 pm
Hello,

I have been using an Ubuntu LTSP terminal server to boot about fourty thin clients. I want to replace the aging thin clients with Raspberry Pi's. these work very well, but some of the old thin clients are used for printing, where a USB Brother printer is connected and the lts.conf file specifies that printing is enabled. The Raspberry, however, does not read the lts.conf file on the server, so I don't know how I can enable printing support on the raspberry client. I was hoping that I could telnet or ssh into the respberry and set it up, but that doesn't seem possible either.

Does any know how to enable berry terminal to act as a print server for a locally connected printer?

Many thanks.

http://wiki.ltsp.org/wiki/Tips_and_Tric ... es#Printer
Adieu

geharvey

Re: Berryterminal local printing

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello, Thanks for the link, this is what I have done for the thin clients that are used for printing. The problem is, that the raspberry pi, using berryterminal, doesn't read the lts.conf file. it boots independently and therefore does not know if it should be printing or not.

Graham.

Return to “Networking and servers”