Dan1jel

Raspberry torrentbox, SD card becomes full.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 pm

So hello everyone, I'm new here and need some help. I've been checking around the web and on this forum but I can't find anything that solves my problem (oh and sorry for my bad eng).

I have a raspberry with a external HDD hooked up to it. I use transmission and have specified a "download" folder and a "incomplete" folder. Everything is working as planned u till I noticed that my SD card is out of space. When my file is download I can find it in "download" folder, but I noticed that incomplete is always empty.

When I remove files from transmission app (Android) then my SD card got more space to use.

So I think that my transmission is saving the file in somewhere in SD card AND save a copy on my external HDD.

So much question is - is this normal or what is can I do so my files download directly on to my external HDD instead of SD card? Have I forgot a line of code or what am I missing? Everything works great with download and upload. It's just I can't download load more files then ~ 8gb because my SD card gets full.

Please let me know if I need to explain more in detail because I'm new here and new to Linux/raspberry :)

(Please see for my SD card and my HDD space)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tdsfz6hgnnye ... 6.png?dl=0

Roken

Re: Raspberry torrentbox, SD card becomes full.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:07 pm

I can't be sure, but I'm guessing Transmission uses /tmp as an intermediary, and /tmp probably resides on your sdcard.
Headless PI. OMG, someone cut it's head off. Oh, hang on. it didn't have one to start with.

Dan1jel

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Roken wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:07 pm
I can't be sure, but I'm guessing Transmission uses /tmp as an intermediary, and /tmp probably resides on your sdcard.
Okay, sorry for being stupid, but how can I see if that's the case, or can I make transmission to use another folder instead?

Thank you for taking your time and helping out :)

Dan1jel

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Okey I thing I figure what my problem was, if someone else have this problem I think it's nice to post the fix so ppl know what was the problem.

I have mounted my harddrive (/dev/sda1) on a fix position at /disks/Plex/ and my torrent files went to /disks/torrent/complete and/or incomplete.

When using a Transmission app on Android it said 6,9gb free disk space when I was about to add a torrent (thats My SD card, I didn't think of this before for some reason...) But when I typed in /disks/ (instead of /disks/torrent/complete) it said 379gb free space so I figured it had to do with the mounting point. When I unmount my external harddrive I still hade a folder called disks and my torrent files within them and taking up SD space, not on my harddrive (?!)

So what I did was to change my fixed location from /disks/Plex/ to /disks/ in /etc/fstab and now when I add a torrent in /disks/torrent/complete with my transmission app it says 379gb free space.

So all good for now, hope it's not a complex text I just posted but let me know if you need any help with this and maybe I could help in some way.

Return to “Troubleshooting”