DGX725

RPi3 B+ no boot, no video, no ACT LED

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 pm

I have been using my RPi3 B+ for a few weeks but one night when I was using it, it suddenly shutdown and the PWR LED was blinking so I disconnected it. Then I try to turn it on again and the PWR LED just turn on (without blinking this time) but the ACT LED didn't turn on. I made my research and I have tried replacing the SD card, I changed the charger and nothing happened. I also read that is a possibility that the board is dead :? .

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something, but can someone tell me what I have to do to repair my RPi please.

P.D: Also can tell me why this happened.

pcmanbob

Re: RPi3 B+ no boot, no video, no ACT LED

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:48 am

Hi.

As you have said nothing about what your pi was doing or what you had connected to it at the time of failure, these are some possibilities,

Your power supply or USB cable went faulty hence the flashing red LED, the shutdown was probably caused by the voltage dropping to low to keep the pi running, corrupted SD card preventing pi from booting.

You connected a voltage greater than 3.3v to a gpio pin resulting in a damaged pi magic smoke escape may not have been noticed.

To test your pi leave it unpowered for 24- 36 hours.

then flash the latest raspbian image to a new SD card.

connect only keyboard , mouse and screen to your pi with new SD card inserted power from a 5v 2.5a power supply not a phone charger.

if the pi will not boot with this minimal amount connected its likely it dead and repair is not possible.

you could try testing for 5v and 3.3v on the gpio pins if you have a meter handy.
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

Rygar

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:52 pm

What were you using to power it ? I noticed I cant power it via power bank (which my old Pi 3 worked with) but the Pi 3B+ must use the PSU.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:24 pm

read the boot problem sticky.

your underpowered PI probably corrupted your SD-card.

Return to “Troubleshooting”