titusece

Two way chat between raspberry pi0 and Android/iOS mobile

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello Experts,
Can you please give me some ideas to start two way audio chat between raspberry pi and Android/iOS phones ?
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

jofori

Re: Two way chat between raspberry pi0 and Android/iOS mobile

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 am

Hi

I believe that the first step(s) and its not an easy one for beginners (i'm one) is that you need to establish a network first.

i.e A means for any mobile device to connect to a LAN network where your Raspberry PI Zero can receive network communication.

Steps (by no means perfect but will give you some idea how I would go about it)

1) Set up a LAN of at least 2 Raspberry PIs. (i.e Wired LAN network)

2) Make the First Raspberry Pi a Wifi Hotspot (a quick search of the forums "Wifi Hotspot")
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... s-point.md

It will still be part of the Wired LAN because your using the Ethernet Card on the Raspberry Pi, but also the "Wifi Card" will be a second network on the same Raspberry PI

3) Get the Wifi Network clients(phone) to see and communicate with Wired LAN network (Raspberry Pi Zero) clients via a Bridge.
The Bridge is setup on the First Raspberry Pi i.e the one withe the Wifi Hotspot installed/configured.

4) Test/Perfect the Connectivity of connecting the Phone to the Wifi Hotspot, which should be able to see and communicate with Wired LAN clients. (i.e share files for example)

5) https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.RaspberryPi
A quick google of "raspberry pi chat server", and I found this, You could take a look at this, I don't know anything about it, but if you can communicate between the Phone and your Wired Lan, then you can add a Chat Server/Service to complete the process.

I hope that helps.

regards
J

Return to “Advanced users”