Wafle

Receive BT, broadcast WiFI

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:04 am

I tried looking but couldn't find anything on an idea I had. I was working on a repeater for my vehicle. Basically making a wifi Hotspot that all of my devices (dash cam, obd reader, rear view camera, media controller, etc) could all connect to. I wanted to do this because they could stay constantly connected, meaning that they wouldn't have to reconnect every time I turn my phones tether on. Then I realized the repeater would still have to connect to my phone, so whenever I entered my vehicle, to receive the data, I had to turn on Hotspot, which also takes time. I don't want the hassle of having to turn it on and off. Then I wondered, would it be possible to used my Bluetooth tether (which I can leave on at all times without screwing my battery), to connect a pi to the internet, and then have the pi broadcast a wifi signal. I've been looking, but haven't found any good leads.

mutrised

Re: Receive BT, broadcast WiFI

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 am

First question: is it possible to connect the PI to the Internet through BT tethering ? -> I did it through wifi so why not, try google :/

Second question: why do you mean by "broadcasting wifi" ? Creating a wifi access point ?
RPI2B 7/24 - web, NAS/media, Owncloud and more
RPI0 7/24 - VPN, DHCP, DNS (including filtering), wakeonlan proxy
RPI0W - VPN gateway providing secure WIFI AP and network router, some kind of internet BOX when on the move ;)

Return to “Advanced users”