ztealmax
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 pm

ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Hello anyone feel like looking tru this code and see whats needed to be done to be able to compile it on Raspbian Stretch
im guessing whats needed to be updated is what GLES libs to use and their location?

GIT
https://github.com/NextThingCo/ioquake3-gles
or
https://github.com/xobs/ioquake3-gles

Sincerally
Martin

*ioquake3-gles is to be used with OpenArena

Rascas
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Check Retropie, it has quake3 (ioquake3) optimized for the raspberry pi, with opengles. If you don't want to install the full retropie suite, check their github repo, it has a build script for it.

Ger_Pa
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 am

If you want Ioquake3 with GLES, then use Q3lite, it's what you want and it works fine if you are not using the GL Drivers.

Rascas
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:46 am

Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 am
If you want Ioquake3 with GLES, then use Q3lite, it's what you want and it works fine if you are not using the GL Drivers.
Nice, didn't know that, seems like an improvement for the Raspberry Pi, thanks!

Ger_Pa
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 am

Rascas wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:46 am
Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 am
If you want Ioquake3 with GLES, then use Q3lite, it's what you want and it works fine if you are not using the GL Drivers.
Nice, didn't know that, seems like an improvement for the Raspberry Pi, thanks!
Yes, just be aware it doesn't work with GL Drivers only with legacy drivers.

Rascas
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 am

Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 am
Rascas wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:46 am
Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 am
If you want Ioquake3 with GLES, then use Q3lite, it's what you want and it works fine if you are not using the GL Drivers.
Nice, didn't know that, seems like an improvement for the Raspberry Pi, thanks!
Yes, just be aware it doesn't work with GL Drivers only with legacy drivers.
Sure, if it is compiled compiled against OpenGLES, it won't work with the OpenGL driver ;)

Rascas
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 am

Rascas wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 am
Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 am
Rascas wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:46 am


Nice, didn't know that, seems like an improvement for the Raspberry Pi, thanks!
Yes, just be aware it doesn't work with GL Drivers only with legacy drivers.
Sure, if it is compiled compiled against OpenGLES, it won't work with the OpenGL driver ;) I have already beat the single player version on the Raspberry some time ago ;)

ztealmax
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Q3lite wont work if you use custom desktop stretch-lite.img "as i do" (Keyboard input is disabled except arrow keys, esc, delete etc)
have tried to get it working with the help of cdev-tux but its a no go on custom install desktop.
So if anyone have a solution to that problem i would be happy :)

and why i wanted this to compile ioquake3-gles its couse its for the Openarena engine (Not Quake3)

Rascas
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 pm

ztealmax wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 pm

and why i wanted this to compile ioquake3-gles its couse its for the Openarena engine (Not Quake3)
Openarena used to work just fine with ioquake3 from RetroPie, I see no reason for it not to work now. Don't know about q3lite, I never tried it, should work also.

ztealmax
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: ioquake3-gles / Need help getting this code compiling :-)

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Rascas wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 pm
ztealmax wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 pm

and why i wanted this to compile ioquake3-gles its couse its for the Openarena engine (Not Quake3)
Openarena used to work just fine with ioquake3 from RetroPie, I see no reason for it not to work now. Don't know about q3lite, I never tried it, should work also.
ioquake form RetroPie works sortof, however it still requires pak0.pak form quake3, and the version ioquake-gles i posted
above only requires Openarena, but ill sortit out my self :)

Cheers

Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests