gwillemsen

DEP6957 error on UWP C# app deployment

Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 am

Hi,

I am new to the forum, if I do something wrong just tell me pls.

I recently started using a pi zero w for my personal usages. Just tinkering around with it. A few weeks back I started a project on a normal pi. I am of origin a .NET programmer and not a python programmer so when I read about Windows IoT I wanted to try it. After a bit difficult start I managed to get it online. But now when I want to deploy an application from VS it will not deploy however, it will run the app local. The weird thing about this is that I can deploy the demo apps via the IoT dashboard, so there is nothing wrong with the OS it self. When deploying the same application to the same Pi with a friends laptop, it will work too.

Every time I want to deploy the Pi will not respond in any way(no app starting or so). I also tried manually sending over a compiled package of a empty app over the device portal but got the same result as with visual studio. I did got a different error code from the Device Portal which is:
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package <package name> because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or ARM processor architecture and minimum version 1.1.25915.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" currently installed are: {} Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)
From time to time Visual Studio will show a error message in the error list but not always, but it will always say the default "There where deployment errors. Continue?" message box. The error I see in the error list is:
DEP6957: Failed to connect to device '<correct ip address>' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. MissingMethodException - Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity.RemoteDevice.set_Protocol(TransportProtocol)'. [0x80131513]
I am using a pi 3 model B for this with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition 15.7.1. The app has target version: 16299 en min version: 15063.
Does anyone has an idea about what is wrong with my visual studio installation?

fruitoftheloom

Re: DEP6957 error on UWP C# app deployment

Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm

gwillemsen wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 am
Hi,

I am new to the forum, if I do something wrong just tell me pls.

I recently started using a pi zero w for my personal usages. Just tinkering around with it. A few weeks back I started a project on a normal pi. I am of origin a .NET programmer and not a python programmer so when I read about Windows IoT I wanted to try it. After a bit difficult start I managed to get it online. But now when I want to deploy an application from VS it will not deploy however, it will run the app local. The weird thing about this is that I can deploy the demo apps via the IoT dashboard, so there is nothing wrong with the OS it self. When deploying the same application to the same Pi with a friends laptop, it will work too.

Every time I want to deploy the Pi will not respond in any way(no app starting or so). I also tried manually sending over a compiled package of a empty app over the device portal but got the same result as with visual studio. I did got a different error code from the Device Portal which is:
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package <package name> because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or ARM processor architecture and minimum version 1.1.25915.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" currently installed are: {} Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)
From time to time Visual Studio will show a error message in the error list but not always, but it will always say the default "There where deployment errors. Continue?" message box. The error I see in the error list is:
DEP6957: Failed to connect to device '<correct ip address>' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. MissingMethodException - Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity.RemoteDevice.set_Protocol(TransportProtocol)'. [0x80131513]
I am using a pi 3 model B for this with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition 15.7.1. The app has target version: 16299 en min version: 15063.
Does anyone has an idea about what is wrong with my visual studio installation?

Not an answer but have you tried Windows IoT Core 10 Insider Preview version 17661 on your RPi 3B ?
Adieu

gwillemsen

Fri May 18, 2018 11:34 am

I just tried it with version 17661. I got no different result than before using visual studio or via the device portal. I also uninstalled VS community and tried Enterprise 2017 15.7.1, got the same result as before.

DougieLawson

Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 pm

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... WindowsIoT

If that doesn't answer it, post a new question on that forum.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

gwillemsen

Sun May 20, 2018 2:27 pm

The post you send me did not answer it completely but thanks for the suggestion. The post you send was about a fault in the raspi config, this could not be because a friend of mine(like I stated in the first post) could deploy to the raspberry without any problems. I followed this post https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/a/82982 that I found earlier. I followed that post from the 2nd step all the with with the "royal stuff up" solution again because after the reinstall I decided to run all solution I could find again and this one was the first I ran. And magically it worked while when I tried it the first time it did not. I have no idea why but maybe it had something to do with reinstalling visual studio. So if anyone has the same problem and cannot find the solution, try this solution:
  • close all visual studios instances
  • shutdown raspberry
  • reinstall visual studio completely if it does not work without reinstall
  • ipconfig /release
  • ipconfig /renew
  • ipconfig /flushdns
Run these 2 in an elevated prompt
  • netsh int ip reset c:\tcp.txt
  • netsh winsock reset
  • start visual studio elevated
  • check the deploy config is set to debug arm and correct remote machine either using find or manually.
  • uncheck the checkbox at Debug-> "Uninstall and then re-install my package. All the information about the application state is deleted."
Build and deploy the app, and in my case it build and deployed successfully.
Maybe a helpful tip too, try settings a pin on the raspi and see if it asks it when it authentication protocol is on Universal if the previous steps still won't work.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”