willow_c02

Enlarging Pointer Size for Visually Impaired User

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 pm

I am currently using a Raspberry pi 3 as a desktop for my dad who is visually impaired. So far it has been working well, but the pointer is much to small for him to see. I assume that there is some way to fix this, but I have been unable to find one. I am currently using Raspbian, but am open to switching if it would be easier to adjust the mouse size. Also, the simpler the fix the better because I am new to programming and to Raspberry pi's. Thank you!!

klricks

Re: Enlarging Pointer Size for Visually Impaired User

Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:01 am

willow_c02 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 pm
I am currently using a Raspberry pi 3 as a desktop for my dad who is visually impaired. So far it has been working well, but the pointer is much to small for him to see. I assume that there is some way to fix this, but I have been unable to find one. I am currently using Raspbian, but am open to switching if it would be easier to adjust the mouse size. Also, the simpler the fix the better because I am new to programming and to Raspberry pi's. Thank you!!
Right click on screen and select [Desktop Preferences]
Choose [System] Tab
Set mouse cursor to Medium or Large.
Logout and back in or reboot.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Assistive technology and accessibility”