Nawor

Android Auto connectivity

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 am

So after some clever person has managed to run android auto on a RPi, I thought I would turn to other clever people in regards to vehicle connectivity. I know RPi has some good 7 inch touch screens which can be bought but my car already has one and unfortunately is pretty well integrated into the running of the vehicle. Now my theory is to buy a RPi to run AA, hopefully power RPi from a vehicle USB port and connect the screen output through the aux connection that is all tucked in the centre console by using a HDMI to aux converter. One concern would be the device recognising the touch control on the screen using this method

Does anyone think this 100% wouldn't work? Does anyone have any other bright ideas for this to work?
Thanks!

fruitoftheloom

Re: Android Auto connectivity

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:14 am

Nawor wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 am
So after some clever person has managed to run android auto on a RPi, I thought I would turn to other clever people in regards to vehicle connectivity. I know RPi has some good 7 inch touch screens which can be bought but my car already has one and unfortunately is pretty well integrated into the running of the vehicle. Now my theory is to buy a RPi to run AA, hopefully power RPi from a vehicle USB port and connect the screen output through the aux connection that is all tucked in the centre console by using a HDMI to aux converter. One concern would be the device recognising the touch control on the screen using this method

Does anyone think this 100% wouldn't work? Does anyone have any other bright ideas for this to work?
Thanks!

Confused, how are you going to send the Screen Touch Commands back to the Raspberry Pi ??

Android Auto on my SmartPhone connects to the integrated ICE via the USB Port.

I believe the OpenAuto Software was primarily about running a version of Android Auto on a RPi 3B not integration to ICE ?? Therefore the RPi is replacing your ICE ??

https://github.com/f1xpl/openauto/blob/ ... /Readme.md

https://youtu.be/k9tKRqIkQs8
""understanding the theoretical, but not always the end goal""

My other Devices are the ChromeBit CS10, ChromeCast & Huawei Mate 10 Pro SmartPhone

Nawor

Re: Android Auto connectivity

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:14 am
Confused, how are you going to send the Screen Touch Commands back to the Raspberry Pi ??

Android Auto on my SmartPhone connects to the integrated ICE via the USB Port.

I believe the OpenAuto Software was primarily about running a version of Android Auto on a RPi 3B not integration to ICE ?? Therefore the RPi is replacing your ICE ??
That's what I was trying to work out, does the RPi need to receive touch feedback? I don't have android auto in my vehicle, just factory GPS and various other settings so yes the Pi would be replacing the ICE. Sorry, probably just wasn't as clear as I need to be the first time around.

Return to “Android”