2bdkid

Boot hang after "random: crng init done"

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:51 pm

I pulled branch rpi-4.9.y from www.github.com/raspberrypi/linux and cross compiled the bcmrpi3 target for arm64. I copied over the kernel and *.dtb files into the boot directory. I also copied bootcode.bin, *.dat, and *.elf from www.github.com/raspberrypi/firmware into /boot. When the system boots, it stops at "random: crng init done" and will not continue. I found some other articles saying it was a power issue or sd card issue, but I built the system on a second sd card and had the same results. I'm thinking it's a kernel issue so would anyone know which kernel to try next?

2bdkid

Re: Boot hang after "random: crng init done"

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 am

Solution: press enter and the prompt appears.
Can't believe it took me this long...

tkninja

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:07 pm

By the way, this happens to me, too. You don't have to press Enter to get the prompt, however: just enter in a command, if Raspian automatically logs you in.

SoNic67

Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 am

In my case, pressing enter key or any command does nothing. It just moves the text on the screen one line up.

Roken

Thu May 17, 2018 7:38 pm

I was getting this when experimenting with NFS boot - and it usually meant that the system couldn't find rootfs.

Check cmdline.txt
Headless PI. OMG, someone cut it's head off. Oh, hang on. it didn't have one to start with.

Return to “Linux Kernel”