fleebow8

Raspberry Pi Cluster Hosting - 50% Profits Donated

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:09 am

Hey everyone!

I've been planning to build a RasPi cluster and to possibly turn it into a web hosting service. The cluster will allow for lots of redundancy and a load balancer, to allow for lots of traffic and bandwidth. However, given that I'm going to be using RasPi's and I'm a huge supporter of them, I want to turn this into a sort of "non-profit" type thing. Basically, I'll be donating 50% of the profits from this will be donated to the Raspberry Pi Foundation (other 50% will go towards the electricity, materials, maintenance, etc.), and you'll get a special badge to put on your website showing your support for the Foundation. This would be great for a blog about Raspberry Pis or other open source projects, or even a shop selling RasPi accessories. I'll work with you to make the costs as minimal as possible, there will be a setup fee, and then a small monthly fee, which will change depending on how many Pis you want to be dedicated to your hosting. You will have full SSH access to your servers, so it's not only a web server but also a VPS. I will also function as a sort of account manager, I'll work with you to install SSL certificates, cPanel, WordPress, etc. Remember, this isn't a business or anything, just a way I thought of to help support Raspberry Pi. If you are interested, please shoot me a PM! Looking forward to hearing from you!

mikeleord

Re: Raspberry Pi Cluster Hosting - 50% Profits Donated

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:39 am

hi, it's a good idea! you have news? Did you do something?

Return to “For sale”