profbit

Short in voltage

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 am

Good day, I’m having trouble powering my raspberry after using Usb-C port to Female Usb wire as the primary material and USB to USB to connect it to the adoptor to gain power. The reason why I do this is because I want to attach the RPi inside the box and put the female usb cable outside the surface so when we connect usb to it and connect the other end of usb to the adaptor, it will boot up. The problem is, the 3.5 LCD screen blinks and doesn’t show whats happening to the screen. I believe that this is all because of using two usb ports.

In summary, we’re in short on voltage to use the screen. Attached file is for the reference in what kind of cord I’m using. Any help would be highly appreciated.

pcmanbob

Re: Short in voltage

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am

So what is supplying the power to your cables ?

if you are using usb3.0 for the high current possible , using a usb2.0 micro usb adapter just reduced it back to usb 2 current levels so making your usb3.0 cable pointless.

as always if you want reliable power supply get the official raspberry pi psu.
Please only ask questions in the forum I will not answer questions sent to me directly via PM
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Short in voltage

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 pm

true, but a cable built for USB3 levels of current will hopefully have thicker wires in them, but there is nu guarantee that that is the case.
The problem is, the 3.5 LCD screen blinks and doesn’t show whats happening to the screen. I believe that this is all because of using two usb ports.
you mean to say you think it doesn't work because you have two cables in series? if that is the case, why then won't you try it without the extra cable in series to see if that is causing the trouble (a "trouble" you do not describe by the way, why not?).

and what about all the SPAM like pictures in your post, they are not helpful!

using USB3 cables makes no sense (except for the possibility they use thicker wires, when you have a power issue, but using an official PSU with a good power lead is a much better solution).

Return to “Troubleshooting”