Arco

Raspberry Pi AIY kit

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm

I recently purchased a Raspberry PI AIY Voice Kit from Google. I bought it in the intent to program my own AI for a science fair coming up. I have messed around with the PI and notice I have to be connected to internet for usage and the kit says to use the Google Assistant json file. My problem is I wont have internet at the science fair, and is there anyway I can program and load my own AI on the raspberry pi? Thanks!

topguy

Re: Raspberry Pi AIY kit

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

I think you are missing the point of the AIY kit. The kit is just hardware ( mic, speaker , button ) plus some example code to talk to the big Google AI in the sky ( sorry: cloud :-) ). There is no AI on the Pi itself.

Of course you can add your own software, the Pi is still "just another Linux computer" even if you add the AIY hardware.
What is your AI supposed to do ?

Arco

Re: Raspberry Pi AIY kit

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 pm

My AI's purpose isn't definite. I want it able to learn and personally get to know the user which wouldn't be that hard, at least I don't think. I just got info that my science fair will allow me to use their internet or a hot spot but I do not think that it will be that great of a connection. If we just cut out the fact I may not have that good of internet then what could I use to program my own cloud based AI? I've seen this program called API.AI and it seems very beneficial but what are my other options if any? Also, I need to have the device headless and the AI requires me to run the program manually by typing in a command into a file provided by Google. It cuts out frequently and I have to redo the whole process. How could I get it to run constantly or re run if it goes off? Thanks! :D

Return to “Beginners”