RasPiUserDE

Google AIY Voice Kit German Language

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello everybody,

The Google AIY Voice Kit is also available in Germany and I have received it recently. Unfortunately, I can not adjust the Google Assistant to German. I do not mind talking to the Google Assistant English.

Also, the change in the file /src/aiy/i18n.py brings absolutely nothing.

Is it possible at some point to use the Google AIY Kit in German or will it be possible in the future?

sheridat

Re: Google AIY Voice Kit German Language

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi, some points:

1. Messing around with /src/aiy/i18n.py only has any effect when you use a local command such as the reboot, shutdown in the assistant with local commands demo. Setting it tells a TTS program to say the words you program with an accent. Later today I will set mine up to check that you get a reply that has a german accent - because that's all it does - change the accent. EDIT - it translates english into german!!! - see next post

2. The cloudspeech API supposedly understand 110 languages "Google Cloud Speech API enables developers to convert audio to text by applying powerful neural network models in an easy to use API. The API recognizes over 110 languages and variants". You might want to copy the cloudspeech demo and change the words into german and see what happens.

3. The best place to ask about the assistant and non english languages is the github site for the assistant. The last thing that happened there relevant to this issue was https://github.com/googlesamples/assis ... issues/79 perhaps it is worth hassling them again on the subject?
Last edited by sheridat on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sheridat

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Later. I changed my assistant demo with local commands by adding

aiy.i18n.set_language_code('de-DE') just after the import commands

I then asked the it to reboot and instead of saying "See you in a bit!" it translated that into German !!!!!!!!

Yipppeeee

If you don't have a file in your src folder called assistant_library_with_local_commands_demo.py

do the following
1. Click on Start dev terminal
2. type git checkout voicekit
3. type git pull origin voicekit

That will pull the file in for you
Add the i18 code here

Code: Select all

from google.assistant.library.event import EventType
aiy.i18n.set_language_code('de-DE')
I am amazed it translates

gregy

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello

Just to be clear, by adding the line code aiy.i18n.set_language_code('de-DE') in the demo launch file (after imports) is supposed to change the language of the assisant as well as the language it has to interpret (?). I'm actually trying the same thing in french but no success, the assistant still talks in english and don't understand french. :-/ I think I'm missing something...

Any help is welcome!! Thank you.

Greg

sheridat

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

No - The "Assistant" is what deals with things like responding to questions such as what is the time, tell me a joke etc etc. You can't change the voice, language or gender of the assistant on these boxes.

There is another voice on the AIY software which is provided by some Text To Speech software (TTS) - that voice is used when you program the box to say something.

Have a look at the src/assistant_library_with_local_commands_demo.py file.

There are 3 local commands in that file and each one has a string that is spoken - not by the google assistant but by the TTS software. Those three strings are
'Good bye!', 'See you in a bit! and 'My IP address is xyz" You can see that you call a function aiy.audio.say('string to say using TTS software) when you want to say something as part of a local command.

It is the TTS voice that the aiy.i18n.set_language_code('de-DE') or aiy.i18n.set_language_code('fr-FR') impacts

Rather than set it after the imports using the above statement you can instead do this

Code: Select all

aiy.audio.say('some words to say', lang='en-GB')
By the way - the TTS voice is pretty awful and not very clear. The en-GB one is clearer than the default en-US

The variants are:
en-US English
en-GB Great Britain
de-DE German
es-ES Spanish
fr-FR French
it-IT Italian

mc9625

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 am

IT would be interesting, by the way, to know way the tts is so bad. Maybe because is something that runs locally? I hope one day they will be able to find a better one, or at least the option to use the standard one, even remotely.

sheridat

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 am

You can test the TTS software in a terminal as follows

pico2wave --wave sample.wav -l fr-FR "Here is a sample, using the PICO text to speech engine." && aplay sample.wav

gregy

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:34 am

Ok, thank you for this clarification.

madd

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 am

Hi everyone!,

I'm interested in the spanish translation. Google Assistant is available on this language yet, but I don't find information about if we can translate out voice kit :roll:

Thanks!

amolina

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 pm

madd wrote:
Hi everyone!,

I'm interested in the spanish translation. Google Assistant is available on this language yet, but I don't find information about if we can translate out voice kit :roll:

Thanks!
necesito lo mismo, estoy haciendo un robot para mi hija, logre activar google Voice, pero por otra via, la SD original descargable daba error por librerias faltantes

amolina

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:55 am

madd wrote:
Hi everyone!,

Thanks!
ya logre comunicarme con el raspberry 100% en español
sirve para otros idiomas tambien.

Lo que hice fue bajar la imagen mas reciente de google voice SDK
https://dl.google.com/dl/aiyprojects/vi ... -03.img.xz
Ademas fue necesario actualizar el repositorio ubicado en /home/pi/assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk
con la orden git pull origin master
segui las instrucciones oficiales desde:
https://developers.google.com/assistant ... mbed/setup

mi primer problema fue la tarjeta de sonido USB, creando el archivo /home/pi/.asoundrc
con esta configuracion

pcm.!default {
type asym
capture.pcm "mic"
playback.pcm "speaker"
}
pcm.mic {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:1,0"
}
}
pcm.speaker {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:1,0"
}
}

Con esto mi tarjeta de audio quedo funcionando bien, tanto en microfono como parlante, desde la interfaz de escritorio de Raspbian me asegure de que estuviera como tarjeta por defecto, ademas de subir el volume de audio y microfono

debi meter el archivo client_secret_xxxxxxx.json(descargado desde la consola) a la misma carpeta donde esta pushtotalk(sftp://[email protected]/home/pi/assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/googlesamples/assistant/grpc)

Por algun motivo las ordenes que estaban en el manual, no funcionaron, basicamente lo que hice fue cambiar

En lugar de usar googlesamples-assistant-devicetool
use el comando /home/pi/assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/googlesamples/assistant/grpc/devicetool.py

y en lugar de usar googlesamples-assistant-pushtotalk use /home/pi/assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/googlesamples/assistant/grpc/pushtotalk.py

Recuerden, lo que nombro antes, es para sustituir parcialmente lo que dice el manual oficial

Por otro lado, antes de actualizar librerias y crear entornos env de python les recomiendo borrar el que esta por defecto
rm -f /home/pi/assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/env
y luego seguir el manual tal cual esta, pero siempre en la ruta
/home/pi/assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/

Otra cosa, en mi caso configure el raspberry con el email de mi hija(porque estara en un robot construido para ella), si ustedes desean hacer lo mismo(en el paso de autenticacion oauth) les recomiendo antes, desde la consola de google cloud agregar usuarios al equipo de trabajo del proyecto creado para google voice, simplemente agregan el email y le dan privilegios de editor, de esa forma luego podran registrar el dispositivo con la cuenta de esa tercera persona, ya sea su madre, hijos, hermanos, etc

amolina

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:53 am

RasPiUserDE wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:40 pm
Hello everybody,

The Google AIY Voice Kit is also available in Germany and I have received it recently. Unfortunately, I can not adjust the Google Assistant to German. I do not mind talking to the Google Assistant English.

Also, the change in the file /src/aiy/i18n.py brings absolutely nothing.

Is it possible at some point to use the Google AIY Kit in German or will it be possible in the future?
see this twitter video, gogle aiy in spanish

https://twitter.com/amolinachile/status ... 7085530112

Franciss

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:29 am

Hola a todos, por fin he conseguido que funcione en español (vale para otros idiomas).

Además de las sugerencias de este foro utilicé este comando dentro del entorno de python:

cd assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/googlesamples/assistant/grpc

python3 pushtotalk.py --lang es-ES --project-id my-project-id --debice-model-id my-name-model

Sustituir my-project-id y my-name-model por el vuestro.

Algunas sugerencias:
Despues de pulsar enter, hay que empezar a hablar rápidamente.
Hay que pulsar enter cada vez que querramos que nos escuche el asistente.
En el archivo pushtotalk.py veo que se puede cambiar para que funcione con el boton arcade o con la frase clave «ok google».

Este enlace también me sirvió de ayuda:
https://yuki-no-yabo.com/google-aiy-voi ... japanease/

Gracias por vuestras aportaciones, seguiremos investigando.

Scraf23

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 am

Franciss wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:29 am
Hola a todos, por fin he conseguido que funcione en español (vale para otros idiomas).

Además de las sugerencias de este foro utilicé este comando dentro del entorno de python:

cd assistant-sdk-python/google-assistant-sdk/googlesamples/assistant/grpc

python3 pushtotalk.py --lang es-ES --project-id my-project-id --debice-model-id my-name-model

Sustituir my-project-id y my-name-model por el vuestro.

Algunas sugerencias:
Despues de pulsar enter, hay que empezar a hablar rápidamente.
Hay que pulsar enter cada vez que querramos que nos escuche el asistente.
En el archivo pushtotalk.py veo que se puede cambiar para que funcione con el boton arcade o con la frase clave «ok google».

Este enlace también me sirvió de ayuda:
https://yuki-no-yabo.com/google-aiy-voi ... japanease/

Gracias por vuestras aportaciones, seguiremos investigando.
No encuentro en el pushtotalk.py como activar la hotword, se que hay un comando googlesamples-assistant-hotword pero no me funciona.
[email protected]:~$ cat linux_shell_user

Franciss

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am

No funciona con «Ok googke», pregunta directamente.

Scraf23

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Ya he hecho funcionar el hotword, pero no soporta español todavía, solo con el pushtotalk, pronto funcionará seguramente.
[email protected]:~$ cat linux_shell_user

Return to “AIY Projects”