(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Rascas

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:01 pm

raspiuser19 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:57 pm
Log added.

kodi_crashlog-20190801_175146.log.gz
Like explained in the first post, it only works with the Legacy Broadcom video drivers. You are using the OpenGL drivers.

raspiuser19

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Thank you. I didn't see this. Just switched for legacy driver and it is working fine.

Bope

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:48 pm

I am trying to get Kodi working on Stretch. I have Leia loaded and also installed the nfs and smb libraries as stated in the first post. My media files are on a HD mounted on my MacPro. I have tried turning on file sharing on the Mac to use smb and I have turned on nfs server using nfs manager to try that way. I can mount these on the raspberry pi but I can't get Kodi to connect to them. I can't use the mounted drive on the Pi because the media file path must follow a symlink. I am hoping that connecting to the shared drive directly will allow kodi to follow that symlink. I have attached links to the kodi logs. I don't care which method I use I just want something to work.

trying to connect to nfs share
https://pastebin.com/6KHaHEsE

trying to connect to smb share
https://pastebin.com/J3pscNxq

LTolledo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:12 am

try changing the SMB client maximum and minimum protocol version to SMBv1
you'll find it in the Settings/Services
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Bope

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:31 pm

I changed the smb min and max to smbv1 and it still didn't work. I tried mounting the smb share again just on the RPi and it fails. I can mount the share via nfs. My networking skills are very limited so don't think you will insult me by being very basic.

Rascas

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Bope wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:48 pm
I am trying to get Kodi working on Stretch. I have Leia loaded and also installed the nfs and smb libraries as stated in the first post. My media files are on a HD mounted on my MacPro. I have tried turning on file sharing on the Mac to use smb and I have turned on nfs server using nfs manager to try that way. I can mount these on the raspberry pi but I can't get Kodi to connect to them. I can't use the mounted drive on the Pi because the media file path must follow a symlink. I am hoping that connecting to the shared drive directly will allow kodi to follow that symlink. I have attached links to the kodi logs. I don't care which method I use I just want something to work.

trying to connect to nfs share
https://pastebin.com/6KHaHEsE

trying to connect to smb share
https://pastebin.com/J3pscNxq
Did you enabled the vfs.nfs addon in Kodi interface ? In both cases, enter the full path of your share, using the IP address, not the hostname. For smb, something like:
smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/pathto/share

Double check that your path is correct and remember that the user and pass are case sensitive.

Bope

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 am

I checked the add-ons and found NFS Support spiff-1.0.1 and SFTP Support spiff-1.0.1 both disabled. I enabled those and restarted Kodi. I tried connecting to the share with smb and nfs with the IP address instead of the server name. With smb I still get unix error 16 Invalid Argument. For nfs I still get RPC Packet cot accepted by server.

Rascas

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:41 am

Bope wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 am
I checked the add-ons and found NFS Support spiff-1.0.1 and SFTP Support spiff-1.0.1 both disabled. I enabled those and restarted Kodi. I tried connecting to the share with smb and nfs with the IP address instead of the server name. With smb I still get unix error 16 Invalid Argument. For nfs I still get RPC Packet cot accepted by server.
I believe that your problem is somewhere on the server, I have no problems connecting to either nfs or smb, via Kodi interface or OS mounts. Maybe a permissions problem or firewall.

Bope

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 pm

I am willing to give up on smb since I can't get the RPi alone to connect. I think my best option is to stay with nfs. My nfs options are listed as -alldirs -mapall=-2:-2. Is there some other setting I should have on the nfs server?

Bope

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:14 pm

I changed the nfs options to just -alldirs and Kodi connected. I would like to be able to limit this share more than just totally open. Any suggestions on what will limit this share to Kodi on the RPi?

Rascas

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:46 pm

Bope wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:14 pm
I changed the nfs options to just -alldirs and Kodi connected. I would like to be able to limit this share more than just totally open. Any suggestions on what will limit this share to Kodi on the RPi?
A user/pass ?

Bope

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:57 pm

From what I can tell nfs doesn't use user/pass. I will try out some different options to see what works.

I do have another question. Most of my files are MPEG-2 transport streams. I upped the memory to the GPU to 304mb and that makes them playable but still alittle glitchy. I am using a RPi 3+. Is this just going to have problems with these files?

Second question. The source folder I am using actually has symlinks to the mpg files. This is how I made sure the file names are proper for the scrapers. Kodi on my Mac has no problem with this. On the Pi the scraper ignored all the symlinks. I had some files that were converted to run on my iPad and the scraper picked up those files. If I go to Videos-Files it shows all the files and will play them. My source is set up as ShowName-Season ##-ShowName S##E##. Is there a reason the scraper won't pick up the symlinks when they are the same format as the other files?

Rascas

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Bope wrote:
From what I can tell nfs doesn't use user/pass. I will try out some different options to see what works.
In NFS you can set which host(s) that can mount the share, by allowing/denying. And you can also set the permissions of the user who owns the share. But this isn't the topic to talk about that, there are better places for that.
Bope wrote:
I do have another question. Most of my files are MPEG-2 transport streams. I upped the memory to the GPU to 304mb and that makes them playable but still alittle glitchy. I am using a RPi 3+. Is this just going to have problems with these files?
MPEG2 is software decoded by default on the Pi because of licensing fees. High bitrate files may not play smooth. But you can enable hardware MPEG2 decoding by buying the respective license:
http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/
Bope wrote:
Second question. The source folder I am using actually has symlinks to the mpg files. This is how I made sure the file names are proper for the scrapers. Kodi on my Mac has no problem with this. On the Pi the scraper ignored all the symlinks. I had some files that were converted to run on my iPad and the scraper picked up those files. If I go to Videos-Files it shows all the files and will play them. My source is set up as ShowName-Season ##-ShowName S##E##. Is there a reason the scraper won't pick up the symlinks when they are the same format as the other files?
I have no idea about that. Better ask in kodi forum:
https://forum.kodi.tv/

Bope

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 pm

I think I have the raspberry pi set to a specific IP address and only allowed that IP address to access the nfs volume. That seems to work and doesn't leave my share open to everyone.

I will see how things go but that license key is cheap. If I need to I will get the MPEG-2 liscence.

I posted the scraping problem on Kodi's forums. Will see what comes of that.

Thanks for the help.

ronnih

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Hope that a functional Kodi Version comes to Raspbian Buster in the official Repos. At the Moment Kodi is not usable on my Raspberry Pi 3 after update from Stretch to Buster :cry:
Bope wrote:
I am willing to give up on smb since I can't get the RPi alone to connect. I think my best option is to stay with nfs. My nfs options are listed as -alldirs -mapall=-2:-2. Is there some other setting I should have on the nfs server?
You can test your NFS-Server with showmount command. The result of the command are all shared nfs directories on the server

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~ $ showmount -e fileserver1
Export list for fileserver1:
/media/NFSFreigabe *
/media/videos      iglu.my.netz,ice.my.netz

Rascas

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm

ronnih wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm
Hope that a functional Kodi Version comes to Raspbian Buster in the official Repos. At the Moment Kodi is not usable on my Raspberry Pi 3 after update from Stretch to Buster :cry:
Bope wrote:
You can test your NFS-Server with showmount command. The result of the command are all shared nfs directories on the server

[email protected]:~ $ showmount -e fileserver1
Export list for fileserver1:
/media/NFSFreigabe *
/media/videos      iglu.my.netz,ice.my.netz
I am sorry but I don't understand what is your problem. Both smb and nfs are confirmed to be working on Stretch but since Buster has new versions of that libraries there is a chance that they don't work properly. They do work for me, but if there is a problem with your setup, the best thing to do is to explain your problem throuhly, with a Kodi log so we can a chance to understand whAt is your problem.

DarkElvenAngel

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:21 am

I'm just wondering has anyone tried installing Kodi from the Stretch repos on a Buster Install? If not I will give it a go.

Rascas

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:06 am

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
I'm just wondering has anyone tried installing Kodi from the Stretch repos on a Buster Install? If not I will give it a go.
It doesn't work because the dependencies libraries available on Buster, that Kodi is linked, are higher versions.
I am the guy who compiled the Kodi version available on Raspbian Stretch and I can guarantee that the Buster version available on Pipplware is exactly the same except the version, which is newer in Buster. It is not available in Buster because it is not compatible in RPi 4.
I have no intentions to further update Kodi for Stretch.

DougieLawson

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:16 am

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
You should be to get it working (by installing the Stretch version) and using /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so and /opt/vc/lib/libGLESv2.so copied (or linked) into /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

But as far as a simple install and run goes, it is still very broken on Buster.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tinfoil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Rascas

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:28 am

I have been running Kodi (from the pipplware repo) on Buster and I don't get any problem besides playing 3D bluray MVC which needs to downgrade libbluray, the one on Buster don't have the patches.
So, no logs no problem.

DougieLawson

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:30 am

Rascas wrote:
I have been running Kodi (from the pipplware repo) on Buster ...
Do you have some instructions to use that repo? What do I need to put in /etc/apt/sources.list.d? What GPG key do I need to install?

How can we pursuade the Raspbian folks to grab a copy of that version of Kodi and build it in to plain Raspbian?
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tinfoil hat and you'll get a ban.

Rascas

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 am

DougieLawson wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:30 am
Rascas wrote:
I have been running Kodi (from the pipplware repo) on Buster ...
Do you have some instructions to use that repo? What do I need to put in /etc/apt/sources.list.d? What GPG key do I need to install?

How can we pursuade the Raspbian folks to grab a copy of that version of Kodi and build it in to plain Raspbian?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 0#p1506904

DougieLawson

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:45 am

Thank you. It looks like another of my Raspberries can get re-installed with Buster. 14 done, three to go.

kaminsky9444

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Rascas wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:42 pm
Kodi for Raspbian Buster is now available on PiPplware repo. It only works on the Raspberry Pies versions til 3, so no RPi 4 support yet.
To add the PiPplware repo do:

sudo su
echo "deb http://pipplware.pplware.pt/pipplware/dists/buster/main/binary /" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pipplware.list
wget -q -O- http://pipplware.pplware.pt/pipplware/key.asc | apt-key add -
exit
Hello,

it would be possible to make a version for Ubuntu 18.04?, thank you! :oops: .

Return to “Raspbian”