ScotM

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:41 pm

rpt007 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm
Hi Mike,

that's good news. I searched the internet back and forth - and also found those at several sources. But I hesitated to buy them as no seller tells that one could modify /insert labels.

So I will get me some and then label the "clickies".

Cheers
Raimund
Clicking on the link brought me to the latching version of those switches. I believe you want the Momentary NON latching type. Yes?

shhammer5634

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:44 pm

ScotM wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:41 pm
rpt007 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm
Hi Mike,

that's good news. I searched the internet back and forth - and also found those at several sources. But I hesitated to buy them as no seller tells that one could modify /insert labels.

So I will get me some and then label the "clickies".

Cheers
Raimund
Clicking on the link brought me to the latching version of those switches. I believe you want the Momentary NON latching type. Yes?
That would be correct...

rpt007

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:36 pm

That's right Steve,
I ordered the momentary switches - had them on my radar for a while and rushed through dozens of different sources - looking all the same, only difference was the pricing ...

But nobody described that one could disassemble and then label them individually. So I hope the ones which I ordered will be of that kind.

Cheers
Raimund

Radio 55

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi I don't know if I am doing something wrong I can't seem to get this version to play any music out side the GUI on auto start up all the buttons work but will not play. It works fine in the GUI

RainbowJuke

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi Raimund
The clicky switches are easy to strip for adding numbers and words to the button, see photo, a knife blade under the button will lift off the clear cover. The insert in the button can be removed by inserting the knife blade at the ends, this will release the opaque insert where you can stick on a vinyl letter or word. Further examples for connecting switches and wireless/ usb numeric keypads can be seen on pages 22, 23 and 25.

This is a great piece of software very versatile. Thanks to Mike
Attachments
Clickies1.jpg
Clickies1.jpg (158.03 KiB) Viewed 195 times

rpt007

Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi RainbowJuke (what a name!),

thanks for this very helpful illustration. Hope, my clickies will arrive pretty soon so I can jump on my next Fruitbox project.
Yes, I join you in thanking Mike so much as this wonderful piece of software helped me to get my Wurlitzer alive again.

Cheers
Raimund

OklahomaGreyBeard

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:06 am

Well, it's been a while but I promise I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Just a little 12 hour surgery and 8 months of chemo to kick colon cancers ass, and now I'm back. Something like that really helps you put your priorities straight. Like working on your classic video game collection and finishing that damn jukebox... Glad to see this is still being developed.

The Other Mike....

fruitbox

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 am

Hi Mike

Great to hear from you again. So sorry to hear you've had a rough time, but sounds like you're on the mend.

We wish you all the best for your long term recovery, and look forward to your contributions again :)

Cheers
Mike

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”