Mayki
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Please help,
I create button maps using

Code: Select all

sudo ./fruitbox --config-buttons
the fruitbox.btn file is created in the / home / pi / rpi-fruitbox-master folder, but fruitbox ignores this setting and still uses default key settings. I'm trying to set up the keyboard.
Any idea? :(

Install system Raspbian Stretch - Retropie 4.4

raul1977
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi all!
I'm trying to start with fruitbox.... I've watched youtube videos and it is exactly what I want to have. It's GREAT!!
When I try to start fruitbox I read "error while loading libraries: libvorbisfile.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I restart but I always receive the same error... I added some mp3 to check, I pointed to the mp3's folder.... but nothing.
Any idea??
Thanks a lot!!

Scally
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 pm

bernyone wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 am
Scally wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:08 pm
Scally wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 pm


I'm back from holiday - but, yes, I still have this problem and would love to try and find the cause of the problem. It still puzzles me why, with the test-button option, I can press buttons all day long and not have any delay, but run fruitbox normally and within a handful of presses / joystick movements I start to see really long delays (many seconds). It does respond eventually, so the event is not lost, just somehow queued etc. I can't tell if the pi's CPU is somehow busy with something else, but if it is already playing a song this just carries on normally.

I'd be happy to run some debug versions, but I would need the Jessie builds.

Likewise, it's the only thing stopping me from going live on my arcade machine with fruitbox!

Scally
Hi Mike - I'm hoping that you might still have some time to look at this delay problem? Just let me know if there's a debug version I should run (on Jessie).

Thanks!
Scally
Snap!
Been using the jukebox regulatory and until yesterday it's been fine and all of a sudden the lag reappears from nowhere....

Really need to get it sorted before the 16th as me and the wife are renewing our wedding vows and the jukebox will be providing the music for the after party....

Cheers
Jon
Hi Mike - I appreciate you may no longer have time to look into this. But I'm still very keen to see if the reason for the problem could be found, as I'm now very close to completing my arcade build. Having the fruitbox feature would be superb. I'm happy to run another test build if that could be done.

Thanks!
Pascal

raul1977
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 pm

raul1977 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm
Hi all!
I'm trying to start with fruitbox.... I've watched youtube videos and it is exactly what I want to have. It's GREAT!!
When I try to start fruitbox I read "error while loading libraries: libvorbisfile.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I restart but I always receive the same error... I added some mp3 to check, I pointed to the mp3's folder.... but nothing.
Any idea??
Thanks a lot!!
Can anybody help please? I'm totally stopped here :|

shhammer5634
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 am
Location: USA

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 pm

raul1977 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 pm
raul1977 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm
Hi all!
I'm trying to start with fruitbox.... I've watched youtube videos and it is exactly what I want to have. It's GREAT!!
When I try to start fruitbox I read "error while loading libraries: libvorbisfile.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I restart but I always receive the same error... I added some mp3 to check, I pointed to the mp3's folder.... but nothing.
Any idea??
Thanks a lot!!
Can anybody help please? I'm totally stopped here :|
Hi. The program is telling you that it can't find the library "libvorbisfile.so.3". That indicates that one or more libraries may be missing from your Raspberry PI install. When you set up the software, did you follow along from the user manual? There is a line in there about installing dependencies.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libsm-dev libxcursor-dev libxi-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxpm-dev libvorbis-dev libtheora-dev
Note the libvorbis-dev. I'm guessing that it got missed. That would be where I would start.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Steve

raul1977
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:18 am

shhammer5634 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 pm
raul1977 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 pm
raul1977 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm
Hi all!
I'm trying to start with fruitbox.... I've watched youtube videos and it is exactly what I want to have. It's GREAT!!
When I try to start fruitbox I read "error while loading libraries: libvorbisfile.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I restart but I always receive the same error... I added some mp3 to check, I pointed to the mp3's folder.... but nothing.
Any idea??
Thanks a lot!!
Can anybody help please? I'm totally stopped here :|
Hi. The program is telling you that it can't find the library "libvorbisfile.so.3". That indicates that one or more libraries may be missing from your Raspberry PI install. When you set up the software, did you follow along from the user manual? There is a line in there about installing dependencies.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libsm-dev libxcursor-dev libxi-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxpm-dev libvorbis-dev libtheora-dev
Note the libvorbis-dev. I'm guessing that it got missed. That would be where I would start.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Steve
Thanks!! Solved!!

Mayki
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Scally wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 pm
bernyone wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 am
Scally wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:08 pm


Hi Mike - I'm hoping that you might still have some time to look at this delay problem? Just let me know if there's a debug version I should run (on Jessie).

Thanks!
Scally
Snap!
Been using the jukebox regulatory and until yesterday it's been fine and all of a sudden the lag reappears from nowhere....

Really need to get it sorted before the 16th as me and the wife are renewing our wedding vows and the jukebox will be providing the music for the after party....

Cheers
Jon
Hi Mike - I appreciate you may no longer have time to look into this. But I'm still very keen to see if the reason for the problem could be found, as I'm now very close to completing my arcade build. Having the fruitbox feature would be superb. I'm happy to run another test build if that could be done.

Thanks!
Pascal
Hello, I have the same problem. I built an Arcade machine and wanted to have a Jukebox. I use two DragonRise Inc Generic USB. The Retropie works together well, but at Fruitbox they have a delay of 30 seconds and more. If I connect only one DragonRise to RPi, the control will be greatly improved. If I plug two classic joypads into USB, Fruitbox works well.
Delay occurs when DragonRise only connects to RPi, but I create a button map using the keyboard.
I use RPi3, Retropie 4.4 (Raspbian Strech). USB audio (PCM2704 USB DAC), USB Keyboard.
Fruitbox start with command line or autostart.sh (Emulationstation).
Will someone help me?

Excuse my bad English, I'm from the Czech Republic ...

Scally
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Mayki wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:06 pm
Scally wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 pm
bernyone wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 am


Snap!
Been using the jukebox regulatory and until yesterday it's been fine and all of a sudden the lag reappears from nowhere....

Really need to get it sorted before the 16th as me and the wife are renewing our wedding vows and the jukebox will be providing the music for the after party....

Cheers
Jon
Hi Mike - I appreciate you may no longer have time to look into this. But I'm still very keen to see if the reason for the problem could be found, as I'm now very close to completing my arcade build. Having the fruitbox feature would be superb. I'm happy to run another test build if that could be done.

Thanks!
Pascal
Hello, I have the same problem. I built an Arcade machine and wanted to have a Jukebox. I use two DragonRise Inc Generic USB. The Retropie works together well, but at Fruitbox they have a delay of 30 seconds and more. If I connect only one DragonRise to RPi, the control will be greatly improved. If I plug two classic joypads into USB, Fruitbox works well.
Delay occurs when DragonRise only connects to RPi, but I create a button map using the keyboard.
I use RPi3, Retropie 4.4 (Raspbian Strech). USB audio (PCM2704 USB DAC), USB Keyboard.
Fruitbox start with command line or autostart.sh (Emulationstation).
Will someone help me?

Excuse my bad English, I'm from the Czech Republic ...
I hope that can provide a clue to the problem, but there are some other observations:
- When I put fruitbox into the test button mode, there are no delays at all for as long as it runs
- When I use the same setup for my arcade emulation, there are no delays at all (and this stresses the CPU/power supply quite a lot)
- The spec of the official raspberry pi power supply should be enough for the current drawn by these 2 USB controllers (as also shown by the fact there no problems with running the arcade)

I'd be more than happy to run some further debug versions or perhaps other tests whilst fruitbox is running.

Mayki
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:31 pm

I ordered board I-PAC 2. According to my research should work without problems with Fruitbox and Retropie, it emulates the keyboard.

User avatar
rpt007
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 am
Location: Germany

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 am

Hello to all fruitboxers, and special thanks to Mike for this great work!

I am new to this forum and have limited experience with Raspis so far, so bear me for that and being no native speaker, my wording might sometimes not be clear enough or misleading for you English guys.

Ok, end of excuses ;-)

I am the unlucky owner of an original Wurlitzer OMT (princess), which was only produced in Germany, but now, as the German factory is closed, my Princess is at the end of its mechanical life and I decided to give it a new life 2.0 beig powered by electronics and software instead of mechanics which tend to break after extense use (at least my opinion as being an electronic engineer). So I was constantly looking for a smart solution which comes close to the old look and feel of an old jukebox. It seems that fruitbox is the one which has all the features I am going to implement.

Before I start rebuilding my machine I have three questions which I could not find answered so far (if I haven't overlooked something):
1. Is there a limit for the number of music files which fruitbox or the power of a Raspi 3B+ can handle (smoothly)?
2. What tagging is required or recommended to get all music files displayed in the right manner?
3. Is there a chance to install fruitbox in a dual or multiboot environment (SD card, USB-drive ..) -> I would like to have access to my NAS server via Volumio or RuneAudio

Kind regards
Raimund

shhammer5634
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 am
Location: USA

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 pm

rpt007 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 am
Hello to all fruitboxers, and special thanks to Mike for this great work!

I am new to this forum and have limited experience with Raspis so far, so bear me for that and being no native speaker, my wording might sometimes not be clear enough or misleading for you English guys.

Ok, end of excuses ;-)

I am the unlucky owner of an original Wurlitzer OMT (princess), which was only produced in Germany, but now, as the German factory is closed, my Princess is at the end of its mechanical life and I decided to give it a new life 2.0 beig powered by electronics and software instead of mechanics which tend to break after extense use (at least my opinion as being an electronic engineer). So I was constantly looking for a smart solution which comes close to the old look and feel of an old jukebox. It seems that fruitbox is the one which has all the features I am going to implement.

Before I start rebuilding my machine I have three questions which I could not find answered so far (if I haven't overlooked something):
1. Is there a limit for the number of music files which fruitbox or the power of a Raspi 3B+ can handle (smoothly)?
2. What tagging is required or recommended to get all music files displayed in the right manner?
3. Is there a chance to install fruitbox in a dual or multiboot environment (SD card, USB-drive ..) -> I would like to have access to my NAS server via Volumio or RuneAudio

Kind regards
Raimund
Hi Raimund,

Welcome to the group.

1. As far as I know there is no real limit to the number of music files. I have seen that discussed by the developer in another post on this group and the number tested was quite high.
2. It depends on what mode or modes your planning on running the Fruitbox in. At a minimum you'll want Song Title and Artist. If you are going to do album mode, then you'll also want album title. The documentation is a good place to find info on what MP3 tags are available for use.
3. I have no experience with multi-booting the Pi. Someone else would have to speak to that.

Using your old Wurlitzer to house your Fruitbox project sounds like a great idea. Good luck.

Best Regards,
Steve

User avatar
rpt007
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 am
Location: Germany

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:21 am

Thank you Steve for the quick reply.
Will continue reading all pages of this long thread (just made half of it so far).

The project is not absolutely dependend on the dual boot - but that might be a nice enhancement as both Volumio and RuneAudio not only support accessing my complete music database on the NAS (ca. 100.000 titles) but come with other nice features like internet radio or Spotify.

So booting into these applications without having to swich SD cards is my goal. And, if possible, I want to get rid of booting via SD card as for me SD cards are not very well treated by the RaspBi - at least my experience although I tried to use "safely" powering off. From time to time the RaspBi didn't detect the SD card and I had to rebuild it from scratch. Maybe SD card brand specific, but I used "officially" tested compatible brands.

I expect that the Project will take a while as I want to modify my jukebox without having to change too much of the original outfit. Will report progress from time to time, but am sure that I will also have to come back with new questions.

Raimund

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi,

First of all I'd like to apologise for my lack of responses over the last few months or so...I am currently in the middle of a career transition (through redundancy) and my priority has been trying to concentrate on that.

I'm still very much interested in supporting fruitbox, and am still aware of the lag issues with the Dragonrise USB controllers. As far as I recall the last debug information we obtained suggested fruitbox wasn't introducing any lag, so further investigation is needed, potentially outside fruitbox (maybe PSU related...when fruitbox is running properly rather than in button test mode it stresses the GPU more so could potentially draw more power). So I will have a think about that. As the source code is available on GitHub anyone with C++ and Linux input device handling knowledge who would like to cast their eyes over the input source code to look for potential issues would be much appreciated ;)

To answer a couple of the later questions:

Regarding the number of MP3 files fruitbox supports, the only limit is the size of the RAM and non-volatile storage; the initial construction of the database will take longer the more MP3s you have, but subsequently accessing a song in the database takes the same time (and is virtually instantaneous) regardless of the size of the database and where the song is in the database, due to the way the songs are indexed using a look up table.

Regarding which tags are required; well that depends on the skin. Specifically which tags the songs are sorted by (SortSongsBy config parameter), and what status information you want displayed ($variables in any status Contents files). I personally pre-process my MP3 files through the Windows program "mp3tag" and make sure at a minimum that song title and artist are correct.

Finally I'd like to add that it's great to see fruitbox still being discovered by new users and all the wonderful projects being created :). On a related note, if you've designed any skins would you consider sharing them? Just let me know and I can merge them into the GitHub repo. The skins I have already made were to be honest a bit rushed and knocked up only to demonstrate and test the basic features of fruitbox. Given a bit more effort and artistic ability, I'm sure some of you talented souls out there could produce some real beauties!

Cheers
Mike

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”