bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Mike

First and foremost:
Just wanted to thank you once again for all your hard work on this fantastic bit of software!!!

My new years celebrations went down perfectly thanks to fruitbox. (Although i had to make some very last minute modifications to my actual jukebox as the puny little amp i installed just wasn't gonna cut it, que 1 jerry rigged 200W rms fan cooled PA amp)

SOOOO
I may have aquired my next fruitbox build....
41IJMlTK8OL.jpg
41IJMlTK8OL.jpg (28.93 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
Found it listed on a local Facebook sale page as "just stopped working" for the princely sum of £10 :shock: i almost felt guilty about it when i found the broken solder joint on the power input......less than a penny's worth of solder later and i was pleasantly surprised by the volume and reasonable sound quality :D

I personally think this is GAGGING to have the pi treatment with a 7" touch screen running the walljuke skin so once again i shall await the update patiently and start squirreling away parts ready.....

That being said is there a particular touch screen you are/going to use? (Trying to keep things seamless lol)

Thanks again Mike

Jon

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:15 pm

bernyone wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm
Hi Mike

First and foremost:
Just wanted to thank you once again for all your hard work on this fantastic bit of software!!!

My new years celebrations went down perfectly thanks to fruitbox. (Although i had to make some very last minute modifications to my actual jukebox as the puny little amp i installed just wasn't gonna cut it, que 1 jerry rigged 200W rms fan cooled PA amp)

SOOOO
I may have aquired my next fruitbox build....41IJMlTK8OL.jpg
Found it listed on a local Facebook sale page as "just stopped working" for the princely sum of £10 :shock: i almost felt guilty about it when i found the broken solder joint on the power input......less than a penny's worth of solder later and i was pleasantly surprised by the volume and reasonable sound quality :D

I personally think this is GAGGING to have the pi treatment with a 7" touch screen running the walljuke skin so once again i shall await the update patiently and start squirreling away parts ready.....

That being said is there a particular touch screen you are/going to use? (Trying to keep things seamless lol)

Thanks again Mike

Jon
Hi Jon,

Glad fruitbox is working for you! And your next project looks like it might be a show-stopper. (p.s. jammy git for finding it).

The next release will have touchscreen support ... I've managed to borrow an official 7" touchscreen for testing the code on, so if I can get it working without too much faff it should be available sometime soon (days not weeks...). Unless I can beg, steal or borrow any other types of touchscreens that'll be the only one it will be tested on (until, that is someone else tries it after release).

Cheers,
Mike

OklahomaGreyBeard
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Me again... I hooked up some other speakers that I know have a great sound but it's just missing something. I've installed the alsa equalizer and it seems to have no effect on the output. I'm assuming that's because it's hard coded directly to the hardware? If not, is there a way to route the audio through the alsa eq?

-mike

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:48 am

OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:43 pm
Me again... I hooked up some other speakers that I know have a great sound but it's just missing something. I've installed the alsa equalizer and it seems to have no effect on the output. I'm assuming that's because it's hard coded directly to the hardware? If not, is there a way to route the audio through the alsa eq?

-mike
Hi Mike,

fruitbox audio should just use the alsa driver, so you should be able to use the equaliser (I guess - tbh, this isn't an area I have much experience in). You could have a quick look at this discussion of a similar problem...

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/ ... -equalizer

I will do a bit of investigation for you to see if it is actually a problem with fruitbox, but I'd like to get the latest release out first...

Cheers,
Mike

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 am

Hi Jon,

Glad fruitbox is working for you! And your next project looks like it might be a show-stopper. (p.s. jammy git for finding it).

The next release will have touchscreen support ... I've managed to borrow an official 7" touchscreen for testing the code on, so if I can get it working without too much faff it should be available sometime soon (days not weeks...). Unless I can beg, steal or borrow any other types of touchscreens that'll be the only one it will be tested on (until, that is someone else tries it after release).

Cheers,
Mike
Mike you're a legend!!

I best get ordering then lol

Jon

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Mike
Hows the update coming along?
Got my official 7" touchscreen test fitted and have given the old jukebox a new look ready in anticipation :D
IMG_20180112_145137.jpg
IMG_20180112_145137.jpg (187.24 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
Think this should make the misses smile lol

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm

bernyone wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 pm
Hi Mike
Hows the update coming along?
Got my official 7" touchscreen test fitted and have given the old jukebox a new look ready in anticipation :D


Think this should make the misses smile lol
Hi Jon,

Looking good.

The update is going well. All code changes are now done but I need to spend some time testing them, as there are quite a few enhancements going in (there's button remapping, GPIO support for input and output, USB controller (joystick) support, touch screen support, more flexible song title / artist naming in song pages, random song duplication checks, and status object enhancements for button press detection), so I want to make sure it all works (and most importantly doesn't break anything which already exists). So Release 1.4 should be next week all being well...

Looking forward to seeing your completed jukebox...

Cheers,
Mike

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Hi Jon,

Looking good.

The update is going well. All code changes are now done but I need to spend some time testing them, as there are quite a few enhancements going in (there's button remapping, GPIO support for input and output, USB controller (joystick) support, touch screen support, more flexible song title / artist naming in song pages, random song duplication checks, and status object enhancements for button press detection), so I want to make sure it all works (and most importantly doesn't break anything which already exists). So Release 1.4 should be next week all being well...

Looking forward to seeing your completed jukebox...

Cheers,
Mike
Sounds great!!!!
Looking forward to the usb update, might be able to get my volume buttons working lol (ran out of gpio pins)
Got a few bit to do on both jukeboxes still and a huge 2 player racing arcade build to organise so should keep me busy till 1.4 is sorted :lol:

Quick question...
Is there a way to shorten the time it takes for the random track to kick in?

OklahomaGreyBeard
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 am

bernyone wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 pm
Quick question...
Is there a way to shorten the time it takes for the random track to kick in?
I'm not "that" Mike, I'm the other Mike, but the delay is set in the fruitbox.cfg file with the AutoPlayGap = setting.

Great find and modification on the jukebox BTW.

-mike

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 am

OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 am
bernyone wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 pm
Quick question...
Is there a way to shorten the time it takes for the random track to kick in?
I'm not "that" Mike, I'm the other Mike, but the delay is set in the fruitbox.cfg file with the AutoPlayGap = setting.

Great find and modification on the jukebox BTW.

-mike
Hi not that mike :lol:

Ill have a nosey tonight, thanks for that i presumed it would be something nice and simple like that.

Thanks I'm definitely a tinkerer so discovering the pi has been a godsend for me lol

Jon

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am

Hi Mike(s)

Could you give me an idiots guide to autorunning fruitbox from start up,
I know its edit the .bash but last time i tried i think i messed up as my pi crashed and i had to wipe and reinstall the whole thing....

Thanks in advance

Jon

OklahomaGreyBeard
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 am

bernyone wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am
Hi Mike(s)

Could you give me an idiots guide to autorunning fruitbox from start up,
I know its edit the .bash but last time i tried i think i messed up as my pi crashed and i had to wipe and reinstall the whole thing....

Thanks in advance

Jon

In my case I ran

Code: Select all

sudo nano ~/.bashrc
I added the following 2 lines.

Code: Select all

cd rpi-fruitbox-master 
./fruitbox --cfg skins/Reels/fruitbox.cfg --save-playlist ../jukeplaylist.txt --load-playlist ../jukeplaylist.txt
and then saved the file.

Then reboot and it should load automatically.

The two lines break down as;
cd <directory where fruitbox is installed>
./fruitbox --cfg <path to your config file> <any additional commandline options> (in my case loading and saving the playlist)

-Mike (the other one)

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 am

OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 am


In my case I ran

Code: Select all

sudo nano ~/.bashrc
I added the following 2 lines.

Code: Select all

cd rpi-fruitbox-master 
./fruitbox --cfg skins/Reels/fruitbox.cfg --save-playlist ../jukeplaylist.txt --load-playlist ../jukeplaylist.txt
and then saved the file.

Then reboot and it should load automatically.

The two lines break down as;
cd <directory where fruitbox is installed>
./fruitbox --cfg <path to your config file> <any additional commandline options> (in my case loading and saving the playlist)

-Mike (the other one)
Hi mike 2

So as im not loading play lists the 2nd line should be...

Code: Select all

cd rpi-fruitbox-master 
./fruitbox --cfg skins/Reels/fruitbox.cfg  
???


The mini juke box is just about done so when 1.4 lands it should just be a case of running the update and we'll have a touch screen jukebox
Attachments
IMG_20180116_034522.jpg
IMG_20180116_034522.jpg (160.1 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
IMG_20180116_034730.jpg
IMG_20180116_034730.jpg (172.67 KiB) Viewed 1534 times

OklahomaGreyBeard
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 am

bernyone wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 am

So as im not loading play lists the 2nd line should be...

Code: Select all

cd rpi-fruitbox-master 
./fruitbox --cfg skins/Reels/fruitbox.cfg  
???
Reels is the name of the skin I'm using.


If you're running the WallJuke skin it would be,

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg
If you're running the NumberOne skin it would be,

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg skins/NumberOne/fruitbox.cfg
etc.

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:07 pm

OklahomaGreyBeard wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 am

Reels is the name of the skin I'm using.


If you're running the WallJuke skin it would be,

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg
If you're running the NumberOne skin it would be,

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg skins/NumberOne/fruitbox.cfg
etc.
Great stuff
Thank you Mike

Now just need to sort a major audio feedback ive encountered, and i do mean major lol

Jon

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi,

I've had several general questions about some of the various fruitbox settings, so thought I'd give a quick summary of some of the features that you can easily play around with.

You can of course design a skin from scratch, or heavily modify or customise an existing one, but if you just want to tweak the behaviour, then you can make some very small changes to an existing skins' cfg file. Some of the things you can do are...

Add a coin mode
In this mode you have to insert coins with the coin button before fruitbox will let you add any songs to the play list. Just set the 'PlaysPerCoin' to a non-zero value to enable it. If you want to show the number of credits on screen, you will have to start modifying the skin appearance and use the $CREDITS variable in a status box. You can toggle coin mode on and off in real-time by pressing the FREEPLAY button (default keyboard key 'P').

Change the play queue size
The skins have this set to 20 songs by default, but if you want to change this just modify the 'MaxPlaylistLength' value, which determines the maximum number of songs you can have queued up. In the past I've had this set to an enormous number, but at parties it's best to keep it small, because obviously if there are a lot of songs queued up, it will take ages for someone's selection to start playing!

Change the page movement animation
The 'PageMoveStyle' allows you to change the speed, movement style and fading when the pages move.

Change the order of the songs
Changing the 'SortSongsBy' setting allows you to sort the songs on the pages in different ways, such as by artist name, song title, year, etc.

Change the playing of random songs
fruitbox can play random songs if there are none in the play queue or currently playing. The 'AutoPlay' and 'AutoPlayGap' settings allow you to turn this feature on and off, as well as specifying the time between random songs playing. You can toggle Auto Play mode on and off in real-time by pressing the AUTOPLAY button (default keyboard key 'R').

Looping songs
If you want to add a song back onto the play queue after it has finished playing, enable Loop mode by setting the 'LoopPlaylist' variable to true. You can toggle Loop Play mode on and off in real-time by pressing the LOOPPLAY button (default keyboard key 'L').

Changing the time it takes for a song to load and unload
The 'SongLoadTime' and 'SongUnLoadTime' define the lengths of time fruitbox waits before a song is loaded and unloaded. These delays can be used in conjunction with the 'LoadSong' and 'UnloadSong' parameters in the [sounds] section to create a more authentic jukebox experience.


Check out the user-guide for details on these and all other fruitbox settings.

Cheers,
Mike

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Now i got problems....
EDIT
Panic over managed to putty in.....

Problem i have is if i autostart fruitbox i have no control at all,

Im presuming i need to add run retrobox before fruitbox.....

Just need to figure out how lol

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 pm

bernyone wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm
Now i got problems....
EDIT
Panic over managed to putty in.....

Problem i have is if i autostart fruitbox i have no control at all,

Im presuming i need to add run retrobox before fruitbox.....

Just need to figure out how lol
Hi Jon,

Presumably you are trying to autostart both fruitbox and retrogame in your .bashrc? If so, you need to run the first one in the background in order for the boot process to continue and start up the second one. So try running retrogame in the background by post-fixing the command in .bashrc with '&' (and make sure you start it up before calling fruitbox).

i.e.

Code: Select all

retrogame &
Cheers,
Mike

bernyone
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks mike
Yes thats the plan

Jon

pi-naise
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Bonjour, je n'arrive a booter sur fruitbox

J ai effectuer la commande mais le clavier n'ai pas reconnu

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm

pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm
Bonjour, je n'arrive a booter sur fruitbox

J ai effectuer la commande mais le clavier n'ai pas reconnu
Bonjour,
désolé mon français est limité à Google traduire! Pouvez-vous fournir le message d'erreur exact que vous avez obtenu s'il vous plaît?

Je vous remercie,
Mike

pi-naise
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm
pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm
Bonjour, je n'arrive a booter sur fruitbox

J ai effectuer la commande mais le clavier n'ai pas reconnu
Bonjour,
désolé mon français est limité à Google traduire! Pouvez-vous fournir le message d'erreur exact que vous avez obtenu s'il vous plaît?

Je vous remercie,
Mike

I can launch Fruitbox at startup but the keyboard does not work

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm

pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm
pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm
Bonjour, je n'arrive a booter sur fruitbox

J ai effectuer la commande mais le clavier n'ai pas reconnu
Bonjour,
désolé mon français est limité à Google traduire! Pouvez-vous fournir le message d'erreur exact que vous avez obtenu s'il vous plaît?

Je vous remercie,
Mike

I can launch Fruitbox at startup but the keyboard does not work
Are you using a standard USB keybaord?

Can you run 'evtest' from the command line and let me know what devices it detects please?

Thanks,
Mike

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm
pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm
Bonjour, je n'arrive a booter sur fruitbox

J ai effectuer la commande mais le clavier n'ai pas reconnu
Bonjour,
désolé mon français est limité à Google traduire! Pouvez-vous fournir le message d'erreur exact que vous avez obtenu s'il vous plaît?

Je vous remercie,
Mike

I can launch Fruitbox at startup but the keyboard does not work
...and are you running from a terminal window from the GUI? or are you booting straight to the command line?

Mike

pi-naise
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm
pi-naise wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm


Bonjour,
désolé mon français est limité à Google traduire! Pouvez-vous fournir le message d'erreur exact que vous avez obtenu s'il vous plaît?

Je vous remercie,
Mike

I can launch Fruitbox at startup but the keyboard does not work
Are you using a standard USB keybaord?

Can you run 'evtest' from the command line and let me know what devices it detects please?

Thanks,
Mike
yes, I can not, the order is not found

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests