megrimm

Live Two-Way Permanent Audio Video Chat Conference

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Hello,

We have been trying all week to create a two-way, live audio/video link such as in a video chat or conference. This will be a permanent installation so are hoping for a permanent (or semi-permanent) two way live feed between two raspberry pis's.

We have tried a number of different tutorials published throughout the years and was hoping for some advice seeing we are deep in the rabbit hole and have lost our way. We are looking from the simplest solution with the least latency.

We tried:

uv4l seems complicated. does it require using webrtc? we don't really want to view on a webpage or through a webpage. just a straight one-to-one av connection. is this possible? how might we do this?

ffmpeg piped from raspivid was our first choice but ffmpeg is NOT included in apt and must be compiled? i saw precompiled versions but what one?

avconv had a tutorial but in the comments no one said it worked for them.

Suggestions? Thanks for tips!

DougieLawson

Re: Live Two-Way Permanent Audio Video Chat Conference

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:39 am

Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a hippy & doctor free zone.

RpiName

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:55 am

megrimm wrote:uv4l seems complicated. does it require using webrtc? we don't really want to view on a webpage or through a webpage. just a straight one-to-one av connection. is this possible? how might we do this?
I can hardly think of an easier way than UV4L. Read this introduction and download this prebuilt image:

http://www.linux-projects.org/rpi-video ... e-demo-os/

install it on the two raspberry pi and interconnect them according to the instructions. there is no need of any browser on the rpis, as the direct access to the hardware (display and speakers), so I do not know what you mean with "view on a webpage" (a browser is usually required if you also want to interconnect one or more PCs)

Time requred: 30 seconds. (a few moucse clicks)

megrimm

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

thanks i will try that UV4L....

isn't asterisk voice only?

thanks!

drgeoff

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:10 pm

megrimm wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm
isn't asterisk voice only?
No. https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ ... +Telephony

But, as you don't need the PBX switching stuff and Asterisk doesn't help with the core issues you'll face, I'd say that it is not the place to start.

bilalsaeed

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Hello every one,

I am new in the RPI world. actually I am working over the same thing that a video conferencing terminal such as huawei TE30 or TE20 for video conferencing RPI3
I have tried raspberry PI videocnferencing OS (Demo) but that donot serve the purpose as I want to have a video conferencing terminal whihc will act as an end user device controlled via simple keyboard or IR remote.
can you please help me.

Regards,
Bilal

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”