RonanB

Widevine for Firefox

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I've been working on a python project using selenium to play netflix to help me learn python and raspberry pi. I started the project on my laptop(Linux Mint) and have everything up and running but I can't play anything on the pi because I dont have Widevine plugin. I downloaded Firefox from viewtopic.php?t=150438 so its the same version as whats on my laptop.
So how can I install Widevine for Firefox, I couldn't download from the Widevine site or Firefox add-on store.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Widevine for Firefox

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:12 pm

RonanB wrote:I've been working on a python project using selenium to play netflix to help me learn python and raspberry pi. I started the project on my laptop(Linux Mint) and have everything up and running but I can't play anything on the pi because I dont have Widevine plugin. I downloaded Firefox from viewtopic.php?t=150438 so its the same version as whats on my laptop.
So how can I install Widevine for Firefox, I couldn't download from the Widevine site or Firefox add-on store.
AFAIAA only a 3rd party compile of chromium-browser for RPi 2B & 3B has widevine support (it was developed to support Netflix DRM) ;)
Adieu

RonanB

Re: Widevine for Firefox

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:39 pm

I downloaded that version of chromium (heres the link if anyone wants it viewtopic.php?f=63&t=176402&hilit=netflix) and it can play netflix but now I'm having a problem with the chromedriver because it seems they don't support arm anymore, I downloaded a driver from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/arm ... 6-0ubuntu2.

The problem I'm having now is that I can't run the chrome driver, even on its own

Code: Select all

sudo /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromedriver
/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromedriver: error while loading shared librairies: libgfx.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I can't find anywhere to download libgfx through google or apt-get install

Return to “Beginners”