bensimmo

Re: New Raspbian release "2016-11-25"

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:39 am

Is the 'Pixel' prompt able to take web links?
If so it would be a nice to add with a link to more information, so pupils, educators etc could find out why it's a risk and a bit of background etc...

spl23
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 pm

bensimmo wrote:Is the 'Pixel' prompt able to take web links?
If so it would be a nice to add with a link to more information, so pupils, educators etc could find out why it's a risk and a bit of background etc...
It's written in Zenity, which is pretty limited; I'm not sure a web link embedded in the text would work, but it ought be possible to add a "more info" button to open a web page in the default browser, which would indeed be a nice feature.

pi-anazazi

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:13 pm

@AloaPi

OMG, mind your blood pressure, not healthy such online conniption :-)
Kind regards

anazazi

spl23

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 pm

The fix for the various ssh password prompt issues is now available - to get it, "sudo apt-get update" followed by "sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-sys-mods pprompt"

If you have removed passwordless sudo for your user account, you will still get security warnings when the scripts run at boot - this will be fixed in a future update, but for now, just uninstall the pprompt package and delete /etc/profile.d/sshpasswd.sh (If you have already removed passwordless sudo, you presumably don't need us to prompt you to do sensible things with regards passwords and ssh...)

DougieLawson

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Simon, pm me with a beta test version and I'll try it for you. Won't happen today, I'm away from home and the 'Net is a bit patchy.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tinfoil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

spl23

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:16 pm

DougieLawson wrote:Simon, pm me with a beta test version and I'll try it for you. Won't happen today, I'm away from home and the 'Net is a bit patchy.
No need for a PM - as per my post above, it is already in apt.

WarHawk8080

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:49 am

Is it a persistant setting?

As in on first boot it activates SSH, but deletes the file...say you then do

Code: Select all

# apt update && apt upgrade -y
Then

Code: Select all

#reboot
Will SSH be on on the next boot?

Or will/should one go into raspi-config and manually turn on peristant SSH on option?

B.Goode

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:59 am

From the Raspberry Pi Foundation documentation at https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
For headless setup, SSH can be enabled by placing a file named ssh, without any extension, onto the boot partition of the SD card from another computer. When the Pi boots, it looks for the ssh file. If it is found, SSH is enabled and the file is deleted. The content of the file does not matter; it could contain text, or nothing at all.
So it is expected behaviour that the file is deleted.

Whether SSH is enabled from the raspi-config utility or via the ssh marker file, the setting is persistent and should survive a reboot of Raspbian.

Return to “Raspbian”