TintinS

[Help][First Project] Modify/replace Electric candle melter

Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:05 pm

Hello, I got a broken electric scented candle melter and was thinking about making my own.

The idea is to use a Raspberry Pi to control something that gets hot and can melt the candle, but I can't find the name of the component.

What is the name of the heater part? I need something that gets warm (around 60-70°C).

Need to fit in bowl with size 85Ømm wide and 70mm deep

Hoagie

Re: [Help][First Project] Modify/replace Electric candle mel

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi, I can't think of anything that would limit the temperature for you, but maybe the Pi could sense it and control the heater.

You can do all kinds of control algorithms in software and keep it much more stable than a simple on off thermostat too.

Some kind of mug warmer maybe the right size. I'd take a look on eBay.

B.Goode

Re: [Help][First Project] Modify/replace Electric candle mel

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:02 pm

TintinS wrote:Hello, I got a broken electric scented candle melter and was thinking about making my own.

The idea is to use a Raspberry Pi to control something that gets hot and can melt the candle, but I can't find the name of the component.

What is the name of the heater part? I need something that gets warm (around 60-70°C).

Need to fit in bowl with size 85Ømm wide and 70mm deep
Maybe this part of the project is not really RPi-related, so you might get more success asking in a crafting/creating forum that has candle-making as an interest?

Return to “Other projects”