ChillyTohodet

Can Rpi's Run DoD:S?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:54 am

The Simple Question...

Can an Rpi B run Day of Defeat: Source...or nah?

The Thawed out Question....

I mean I've been looking through everything I can in the past two days on Raspberry pi's 'n such. I came to the conclusion that I won't be able to make anything out of my Raspberry due to my protective guardians. So I sought to find some PC games that it could run. I knew that the classic Day of Defeat was low Ram and overall in performance measures. So I searched that and came upon the statistics for DoD:S the newer version of DoD. I have an Rpi B, so to me it all seemed good, I thought it had what the game needed to run. What I am incredibly unsure about is if the Rpi B has the Graphical Display capabilities to run DoD:S. I couldn't find anywhere as to what the GPU (if it has any) on the Rpi B is... Can it run it? Or not?

Sources: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cy ... urce/11566

fruitoftheloom

Re: Can Rpi's Run DoD:S?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:52 pm

The Raspberry Pi has an ARM CPU

The game you linked requires an Intel x86 or compatible CPU

This forum has a gaming section so it may be easier to find games which can be played natively or under emulation:

viewforum.php?f=78
Adieu

Heater

Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:00 pm

ChillyTohodet,

Never mind "Day of Defeat" or whatever game.

I'm greatly disturbed by your description of "protective guardians".

What are they protecting you from? Is it so they don't want you to do anything, know anything, learn anything?

I have no idea how old you are or what your circumstances may be. But these "protective guardians" send shivers down my spine.

Hope you can work your way around them. You obviously have curiosity, it would be a shame to have that subdued into just game playing.

ChillyTohodet

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:57 am

They wont let me solder, simple as that. I didnt ask what disconcerns you. However what disconcerns me is that you care about anything besides my question.
I thank you.

blaablaaguy

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:54 am

ChillyTohodet wrote:They wont let me solder, simple as that. I didnt ask what disconcerns you. However what disconcerns me is that you care about anything besides my question.
I thank you.
Theres lots of stuff you can do that doesnt require soldering. Breadboards and jumper wires dont need solder. You can connect motors, leds, sensors, and batterys without solder.
This signature intentionally left blank.

manikmani

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:21 am

here you can get can my pc run it

FlameFireling

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:29 pm

ChillyTohodet wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:54 am
The Simple Question...

Can an Rpi B run Day of Defeat: Source...or nah?

The Thawed out Question....

I mean I've been looking through everything I can in the past two days on Raspberry pi's 'n such. I came to the conclusion that I won't be able to make anything out of my Raspberry due to my protective guardians. So I sought to find some PC games that it could run. I knew that the classic Day of Defeat was low Ram and overall in performance measures. So I searched that and came upon the statistics for DoD:S the newer version of DoD. I have an Rpi B, so to me it all seemed good, I thought it had what the game needed to run. What I am incredibly unsure about is if the Rpi B has the Graphical Display capabilities to run DoD:S. I couldn't find anywhere as to what the GPU (if it has any) on the Rpi B is... Can it run it? Or not?

Sources: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cy ... urce/11566
not possible. alternatively you can play quake or the 1993's doom

Return to “Gaming”