I want to publish my sensors' measurement on the web page that will run on my Raspberry Pi 3.
I have nginx
already installed, and it's working fine. Standard static index.html site is displayed correctly.
Now, I want to go a step further and make it dynamic site which will take data from the sensors (assuming SQLite or MySQL database used) and display the data on the web page and refresh automatically when data has changed.
I had had some experience with basic C cgi-bin calls, but I remember it was extremely slow! So here come few questions from my side:
1. What is the best choice to use on Raspberry Pi as a CGI? Assuming I don't want to use old cgi-bin library...
2. I want to use as much C code as possible, but I could also accept standard Bash scripting.
3. SQLite or MySQL. Which one is better? I just want to use fast database without any 3rd party user access, so I assume SQLite is the best choice.
4. I run nginx as a web server.
5. What charts API do you recommend. I've found this web page http://thenextweb.com/dd/2015/06/12/20- ... libraries/
, so do you recommend Charist.js? Is it quick to learn and use? My constraint is to have all needed libraries/scripts offline accessed, so I don't want to use Google Charts...
Complex post with a lots of questions. Hopefully I will find someone helpful to guide me with my problems. Thanks!
I don't know if this post is placed in the proper place (which I really apologize, and if admin decides he/she can move my post to a proper place).