inspired

edX (free online courses from MIT and Harvard)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm

For those who want to get back into programming, or learn some more about electronics (and have some spare time ;)), take a look at:
https://www.edx.org/courses

MIT and Havard are offering free online courses that, upon successful completion, also offer a certification.

There appears to be no restriction on how many of the courses you choose, or your geographical location.

winwaed

Re: edX (free online courses from MIT and Harvard)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm

There's also Coursera ( coursera.org ) which has been running a little longer and was started by two Stanford professors. Coursera has expanded a lot in the past few months into other subject areas and other universities, but contains a lot of computer science / mathematics courses.

brainsage

Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:56 am

Hi guys, I've just come across this one on Coursera: The Raspberry Pi Platform and Python Programming for the Raspberry Pi. Has anyone completed this course? Does it take much time? Or is it bette to buy a full course with step-by-step tutorials ($349): CrowPi Advanced Accessory Kit and Raspberry Pi 3B+ Board?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:01 am

brainsage wrote:
Hi guys, I've just come across this one on Coursera: The Raspberry Pi Platform and Python Programming for the Raspberry Pi. Has anyone completed this course? Does it take much time? Or is it bette to buy a full course with step-by-step tutorials ($349): CrowPi Advanced Accessory Kit and Raspberry Pi 3B+ Board?
An impressive thread necro, but a completely valid question which I cannot answer, but just putting this here to stop people reporting the thread necro.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

B.Goode

Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:00 pm

brainsage wrote:
brainsage wrote:
Hi guys, I've just come across this one on Coursera: The Raspberry Pi Platform and Python Programming for the Raspberry Pi. Has anyone completed this course? Does it take much time? Or is it bette to [

Edit: I want to apply for an internship at Small Bear Electronics and need to improve my skills. What other Raspberry Pi courses would you recommend? Thanks.

Small Bear Electronics don't seem to carry Raspberry Pi products on their online shopping platform. Is there any particular reason to think these courses would provide any advantage for this position?

BerryB

Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 pm

guys tell me please, if the courses are free then can they be good?

B.Goode

Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 am

BerryB wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 pm
guys tell me please, if the courses are free then can they be good?

If they are still running after 8 years perhaps it proves they have passed what is referred to as "the test of time."

The Raspberry PiOS Buster Operating System is free - can that be good? (I hope so... )

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”