1. why this a "official" release is that is a official release from our project, hosted on reddit on the subreddit /R/ChromiumRPI
2. the reason i stated "we" is that the project is maintained and built and worked on by me Dylan Callahan aka "tohipfortheroom" and a another developer that goes by the name "haggster82"
3. i uploaded the compress file, inside you will find a readme a md5 and the img, hosting on these kind of sites will soon be ended when we finish our website,
4. all of our source code is based off of the official chromium source code, we use what is called an overlay to build the packages for the raspberry pi you can find the overlay here https://github.com/haggster66/Chromium-OS-Overlays
these are not current with the latest release, but will be updated within a few days.
5. the reason that we are different then that post is that we are a port of the Chromium OS, the same operating system found on chromebooks and chromebox's just adapted to work on the raspberry pi
I was not offended by your questions as i want my work to be very transparent, and if that means explaining a little more about what we are and what we do, i do not mind answering those questions
Article Related to the project.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/chromium ... 0622.shtml
We have also been featured here on the foundations website in the latest pi weekly