Hey guys, just a FYI, while the despotify client has some problems, libdespotify is running great.
Your best bet is to work off the simple client.
I was able to string together something pretty cool with the following:
the despotify gateway
the simple client that I modified to take a track id directly
Some PHP browsing pages (I realize I did this wrong.. I could have just set my browser to handle spotify links and used the standard spotify pages)
a simple script that loops and looks for stuff in my queue.txt
The simple client will pick up and play a track 100% of the time without a problem. Alot of the issues I had came down to playlists not playing right, but i could always play a song directly.
So what I have is when I click on a song in my browser, it appends the song's trackid to my queue.txt
Simple bash script looks at the file once a second, and if it is there runs simple.sh <login> <password> <trackid>
My simple client exits after playing a song, and it will reconnect on each one. I was playing music for 2 days straight without a prob. So basically I just have a big web-accessable queue that it plays down one by one. Works great *on linux x86* though! The despotify client problems seem to be just that, client problems.