gnurmatova

shock / pain inducer

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:19 pm

I know this may sound a little crazy, but I'm looking for any"thing" that can connect to PI and trigger very light pinch/shock enough to just get a persons attention.
Any ideas?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: shock / pain inducer

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Electric shock is a poor choice for stimulation (the medical devices world has tried it). The problem is that the window between too small to feel and extremely painful is both rather narrow and dependent on the individual. Also electrode systems can be a pain.

Mechanical stimulation seems to be a better option. Cellphones use a vibration motor which is effective if worn close to the body.

gnurmatova

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

that's kind of big, and sounds pretty painful, I am looking for a small device which would do just enough (maybe even vibration) to serve as a reminder or wake a person up... For example, to keep a tired driver awake when another sensor detects loss of attention or something that could serve as an alarm for a deaf person.. Blue tooth would work too, as long as I can send a signal from the PI to it

gnurmatova

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 pm

plugwash wrote:Electric shock is a poor choice for stimulation (the medical devices world has tried it). The problem is that the window between too small to feel and extremely painful is both rather narrow and dependent on the individual. Also electrode systems can be a pain.

Mechanical stimulation seems to be a better option. Cellphones use a vibration motor which is effective if worn close to the body.
thank you, yes, vibration will do, do you know of any device I can buy that would connect via Raspberry PI?

Douglas6

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:41 pm

Adafruit and others have something like this: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1201

Davies

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:02 pm

xbox pads are 3v, I bet these could be powered from gpio..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-360-Cont ... SwKtlWmVY9

Slackware

Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:10 pm

go to a pet store and buy a shock collar. hook up with pi, and place on your subject. just trace the sound sensor and cut line, then control with pi.
The name escapes me for those electro sex toys at the moment, but they should work as well.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”