Zalkiaent

Can MineCraft: windows 10 edition work on the pi2?

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Just a quick question. Can minecraft windows: windows 10 edition beta work on the raspberry pi 2?
I know that it is a port of the pocket edition, and so was the pi edition, so in my opinion, I think it would work on the RasPi. It may have a little lag, but still! A somewhat better version of minecraft then the pi edition :mrgreen: ! If anyone could tell me anything about this subject, feel free to comment down below! :D

PiCade

Re: Can MineCraft: windows 10 edition work on the pi2?

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:57 pm

As far as I know, no.

Because the Windows 10 version that runs on the RPi 2 is not a full version of windows it is meant as a platform to run IoT applications.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Zalkiaent wrote:Just a quick question. Can minecraft windows: windows 10 edition beta work on the raspberry pi 2?
I know that it is a port of the pocket edition, and so was the pi edition, so in my opinion, I think it would work on the RasPi. It may have a little lag, but still! A somewhat better version of minecraft then the pi edition :mrgreen: ! If anyone could tell me anything about this subject, feel free to comment down below! :D
This version is a App and will quite likely be available for:

W10 Desktop
W10 XBox
W10 Phone

...plus the fact it is Proprietary Code
Retired disgracefully.....

Zalkiaent

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 pm

PiCade wrote:As far as I know, no.

Because the Windows 10 version that runs on the RPi 2 is not a full version of windows it is meant as a platform to run IoT applications.
I didn't mean the IoT. What I mean is Raspbian. I think that it "might" work using raspbian :|
Though, I don't know for sure

fruitoftheloom

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Zalkiaent wrote:
PiCade wrote:As far as I know, no.

I didn't mean the IoT. What I mean is Raspbian. I think that it "might" work using raspbian :|
Though, I don't know for sure
How do you propose to download / install from the Microsoft Windows 10 Store :?: :?:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/g ... blggh2jhxj
Retired disgracefully.....

kusti8

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:17 pm

It won't work because the PC and Pi run on different architectures (x86 and ARM) which are not cross compatible. You need to specially build it for the Pi to get it to work, which you can't because you don't have access to the source code.

So basically, there's no way.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Zalkiaent

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:24 pm

kusti8 wrote:It won't work because the PC and Pi run on different architectures (x86 and ARM) which are not cross compatible. You need to specially build it for the Pi to get it to work, which you can't because you don't have access to the source code.

So basically, there's no way.
Okay, thank's for letting me know, I was just curious to know if it would work. ;)
so... yeah.

DougieLawson

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:39 pm

The full version of Minecraft does NOT run on Raspbian, there's a Java Native Interface (JNI) component in Minecraft that's built for X86_64 (X86) processors that WILL get a segfault on your Raspberry's ARM processor.

Your only option is the ancient old version of Minecraft Pocket Edition that is pre-installed on Raspbian.

You can run a Spigot server, you can't run the client.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

mikronauts

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Most likely NO.

Pi = ARM
PC = x86

ARM != x86 !!!!!

Win10IoT (for Pi 2) IS NOT A REGULAR WINDOWS DESKTOP OS.

http://www.mikronauts.com/raspberry-pi/ ... erry-pi-2/

Assuming you can somehow download it, it **MIGHT** be barely possible with ExaGear, but I would not bet on it.

I suggest you get a cheap Win10 tablet to run it.
Zalkiaent wrote:Just a quick question. Can minecraft windows: windows 10 edition beta work on the raspberry pi 2?
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

rpiMike

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Full Minecraft 1.8.9 (java linux version) can now be made to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 :

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=137279

SamDoesPi

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Firstly, it is designed for a x86 processor, which the Pi has a ARM one, which makes it not able to run Steam and other applications.
Secondly, it is a Windows .EXE file, designed for Windows, not Linux.
You could try porting it, but it might be slower unless on the Pi 3 or on clusters.

SamDoesPi

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Try running Android on the Pi and running Minecraft Pocket Edition with Keyboard/Controller settings on, and you might be able to run it, but I'd recommend running a dual-boot build of Raspbian and Android. It might be laggy, but with a Pi 3 or cluster it might be good. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Return to “Gaming”