inthane

uv4l webrtc issue

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Decided to home-build a baby monitor. Picked up a Raspberry Pi 2, camera, USB sound card and microphone, and got crackin'. Updated firmware to latest, installed the latest Raspbian image, then installed uv4l as per the directions on this page:

http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/s ... e&artid=14

I made sure to install both the uv4l-webrtc and the uv4l-xmpp-bridge optional packages. When I point my web browser at the Pi, it brings up the streaming server page, and seems to be working fine. The MJPEG/Stills stream shows an active image, so the camera is working. If I go to the WebRTC page and click "start service" I get the error message "Sorry, could not load the WebRTC extension: either is not installed or has been disabled, or is not supported on this architecture"

I've verified that WebRTC does work in my browser - did a video chat with a friend of mine via the WebRTC demo project page. I've tried several different browsers, so I'm about 99% certain the problem is with the install itself. As a diagnostic step, i stopped the uv41_raspicam service, then ran it from the command line and got this spew:

Code:
<notice> [core] Trying driver 'raspicam' from built-in drivers...
<warning> [core] Driver 'raspicam' not found
<notice> [core] Trying driver 'raspicam' from external plug-in's...
<notice> [driver] Dual Raspicam Video4Linux2 Driver v1.9.32 built Sep 16 2015
<notice> [driver] Selected format: 1920x1080, encoding: mjpeg, JPEG Video Capture
<notice> [driver] Framerate max. 30 fps
<notice> [driver] ROI: 0, 0, 1, 1
<notice> [core] Device detected!
<notice> [core] Trying to load the the Streaming Server plug-in...
<notice> [server] HTTP Streaming & WebRTC Signalling Server v1.1.31 built on Oct 23 2015
<notice> [core] Streaming Server loaded!
<notice> [core] Registering device node /dev/video0
<notice> [server] Web Streaming Server listening on port 8080
<warning> [server] Sorry, could not load the WebRTC extension: either is not installed or has been disabled, or is not supported on this architecture

The last warning line pops up when I try to start the service from the server on port 8080. Any thoughts about where to poke?

Also, is there a way to verify I've got a pi2? I know I ordered one, but now I'm beginning to get a little suspicious.

RpiName

Re: uv4l webrtc issue

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:50 am

inthane wrote:Also, is there a way to verify I've got a pi2? I know I ordered one, but now I'm beginning to get a little suspicious.
UV4L WebRTC is NOT supported on the old Raspberry Pi 1. If you try to run WebRTC on the old Raspberry Pi 1, the error message is exactly:
Sorry, could not load the WebRTC extension: either is not installed or has been disabled, or is not supported on this architecture

fruitoftheloom

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:20 am

When booting up Raspbian there are 4 Raspberries above the scrolling text on a RPi 2B ;)
Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

DougieLawson

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 am

Open an LXTerminal and use
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BCM

[email protected]aplus ~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BCM
Hardware : BCM2708

[email protected]twobee:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BCM
Hardware : BCM2709

The A/B/B+/A+ machines are BCM2708.
The 2B is a BCM2709
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

the-alchemist

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:33 am

Anyone know if WebRTC should/should not work on a Raspberry Pi Zero?

I get the infamous "Sorry, could not load the WebRTC extension for UV4L: either is not installed or has been disabled, or the architecture is not supported".

Code: Select all

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BCM
Hardware	: BCM2708
Funny, though, because http://raspberrypi.local:8080/stream works great, even in H264 mode.

fruitoftheloom

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:33 am

the-alchemist wrote:Anyone know if WebRTC should/should not work on a Raspberry Pi Zero?

I get the infamous "Sorry, could not load the WebRTC extension for UV4L: either is not installed or has been disabled, or the architecture is not supported".

Code: Select all

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BCM
Hardware	: BCM2708
Funny, though, because http://raspberrypi.local:8080/stream works great, even in H264 mode.
The Raspberry Pi Zero uses the same SoC as a Raspberry Pi 1 as the output does indicate.

Starting from Raspberry Pi 2 on, the WebRTC extension for the Streaming Server is also available:

http://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation
Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

the-alchemist

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
The Raspberry Pi Zero uses the same SoC as a Raspberry Pi 1 as the output does indicate.

Starting from Raspberry Pi 2 on, the WebRTC extension for the Streaming Server is also available:

http://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/installation
Doh! Thanks so much. :) I wish uv4l had a Wiki.

Return to “Beginners”