TablatureDude

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:10 pm

I was not able to work this out. I have some vacation time next month and I may dig into this again. I will update if I make any progress.

dwalkerUSD

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:38 pm

I am having issues using the command below to manually upgrade Screenly:

Code: Select all

bash <(curl -sL https://www.screenly.io/install-ose.sh)
I tried using the command without -s to see what was going on and I get:

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

This occurs on both RPi 4 and 3b+.

I can get this to run if I add the -k (--insecure) option, but this is not preferred. As it is, I have Screenly running on RPi 4 with no issues, but now I can't get it set up on a new one using either the image or by installing Raspbian Lite and running the above command. Am I missing something here? Thanks!

---------------------------
EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently, Infosec made some ssl inspection changes. Thanks!

dwalkerUSD

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Issue with installing Screenly on RPi 4. I have one Pi 4 (4GB) running quite nicely. Now when I go to set it up:

1. If I use Etcher to burn the image, Pi does not come up to screenly, cannot SSH in.
2. If I try with NOOBS, Screenly is not even listed as an option (it is when I use the same version of NOOBS on Pi 3b).
3. If I install Raspbian Lite, the execute the bash command, it will enter command line after it reboots.

I believe it was NOOBS that I used on the existing Pi 4 that is running. What am I missing? Thanks!

procount

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 am

The version installable by NOOBS is not indicated as being suitable for the Pi4, hence it is hidden from view so it is not installable unless you use the 'showall' option in recovery.cmdline.
I haven't seen any announcement that it is compatible with the Pi4, although you seem to have it working.
It's up to the maintainers to keep the suitable model variants up to date for NOOBS.
PINN - NOOBS with the extras... https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=142574

Return to “Other projects”