moyanming2013

Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt when boot jessie-pi2

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:19 pm

I have tried 2 type of Sumsung TF card to boot the jessie on pi 2, but all the TF card can't boot successfully!
I got the following information first at the last line:
mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
A file later, there is another infromation, here is the last line:
(SyS-lstat64) from [<8000f980>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x54)

My first TF card is:
MB-MS08D
MBMS8GVCGDAW-C
DHQG213GF437

My second TF card is:
MB-MA08D
MBMA8GVCGDAW-P
DHQG916GC452

How to fix it?
Thanks!

moth754
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Re: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt when boot jessie-

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Same issue here with a kingston card, any ideas?

joeyv

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 am

I am having the same issue, and using the same card as OP's first: Samsung 8gb MB-MS08D MBMS8GVCGDAW-C

Been searching the internet for a solution for a while now and haven't found anything. I had the Pi booting up and working before, but it was a coin flip if it would actually boot, and now I cannot seem to get it to boot at all.

moyanming2013

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:43 pm

Hello, I can use the both TF card boot the RASPBIAN WHEEZY but can't boot the RASPBIAN JESSIE. It seems the new version of the RASPBIAN can't support some TF card.
joeyv wrote:I am having the same issue, and using the same card as OP's first: Samsung 8gb MB-MS08D MBMS8GVCGDAW-C

Been searching the internet for a solution for a while now and haven't found anything. I had the Pi booting up and working before, but it was a coin flip if it would actually boot, and now I cannot seem to get it to boot at all.

moyanming2013

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:45 pm

It seems that the new version of RASPBIAN can't support some TF card. They should recommand some TF card which can be use.
moth754 wrote:Same issue here with a kingston card, any ideas?

DougieLawson

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 pm

I've never had any problem with my Kingston microSD cards.

Quite a few of my Raspberries are booted from these £6 cards:
http://www.ebuyer.com/195142-kingston-1 ... sdc10-16gb
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

joeyv

Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:03 pm

So I figured out some things with my problem, but still haven't solved it completely.

I believe I have narrowed down my issues to something with the HDMI output. I had changed some settings in the config.txt pertaining to the HDMI output, and after commenting these again, and then only uncommenting hdmi_safe=1 my Pi was able to boot up.

The problem then is, I am outputting a terrible resolution in which windows cannot even properly be displayed on the screen. I did some more research and tried changing more settings in my config.txt, such as hdmi_group and hdmi_mode to the proper settings for my monitor, config_hdmi_boost=4 on/off, and basically every other combination possible.

The thing is, my hdmi output works every time, that is, when I plug the power into my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running Jessie, with the HDMI cable plugged into both the Pi and my monitor, the boot screen is displayed every time with whatever resolution was set in my config.txt file.

But, the only time it will fully boot up is if ONLY hdmi_safe=1 is uncommented. Otherwise it gets stuck booting with the error message in the title of this thread.

Could this be a power issue? This is the power supply I am using: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12890

Below is a picture of what the startup looks like when it gets frozen (and here is a direct link to the image http://i.imgur.com/fD0fl8o.jpg?2). Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

moyanming2013

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:31 am

joeyv wrote:So I figured out some things with my problem, but still haven't solved it completely.
About your picture, you can wait a few miniute, and you may get the following information at the last line:
(SyS-lstat64) from [<8000f980>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x54)
I don't think this is the fault of the HDMI or the display configuration, this may be the problem that the jessie can't support some TF card.
By the way, your power supply is OK for the PI2.

moyanming2013

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:39 am

DougieLawson wrote:I've never had any problem with my Kingston microSD cards.

All my TF cards is OK with the RASPBIAN WHEEZY but they can't boot the RASPBIAN JESSIE!
Maybe the card which you bought had test with all version of the RASPBIAN OS by the vendor.

DougieLawson

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:53 am

moyanming2013 wrote:
DougieLawson wrote:I've never had any problem with my Kingston microSD cards.

All my TF cards is OK with the RASPBIAN WHEEZY but they can't boot the RASPBIAN JESSIE!
Maybe the card which you bought had test with all version of the RASPBIAN OS by the vendor.
My cards are nothing special. They're the cheapest of the cheap cards from EBuyer.

If Jessie doesn't boot, it's simply because you've failed to get a good copy of Jessie or NOOBS/Jessie written on your card. Cards over 32GB in size are always going to be a problem, because they need special formatting for NOOBS to work.

Writing unzipped *.img files with dd or Win32DiskImager isn't going to go wrong unless your hardware is too old to work with modern high capacity cards. Or you're buying fake cards from Chinese eBay fraudsters.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”