mitchells

Installing Cacti on Rasberry Pi

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Greetings, first of all, I am not a Linux person, I was formerly a Windows person for the last 20 years. Not by choice, but it paid well. I am looking for some help in installing Cacti on an easy to navigate OS for internal network monitoring. We install small WLAN networks and do not want to have a large server running just Cacti. Heat and power are usually an issue as the NOCs are simply a broom closet. Can someone help me pick a unit, OS and some guidance on installing Cacti and some MIBs on a Pi? If it is easier, perhaps someone can do this for me for a fee?
Thank you in advance.
-Mitch

fruitoftheloom

Re: Installing Cacti on Rasberry Pi

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:24 am

mitchells wrote:Greetings, first of all, I am not a Linux person, I was formerly a Windows person for the last 20 years. Not by choice, but it paid well. I am looking for some help in installing Cacti on an easy to navigate OS for internal network monitoring. We install small WLAN networks and do not want to have a large server running just Cacti. Heat and power are usually an issue as the NOCs are simply a broom closet. Can someone help me pick a unit, OS and some guidance on installing Cacti and some MIBs on a Pi? If it is easier, perhaps someone can do this for me for a fee?
Thank you in advance.
-Mitch
This Tutorial uses Raspbian OS which is suitable for a B+ or 2B Raspberry Pi and should give you a starting point ;)

Oooppps forgot the link :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://yetanothercomputingblog.blogspot ... mance.html
Last edited by fruitoftheloom on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

mitchells

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Has anyone ever installed Cacti on a Rasberry device? Will it work with Apache et al and is there someone out there who would do this for me for a fee?

danjperron

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:18 pm

just follow this step first

http://raspipress.com/2012/09/tutorial- ... pberry-pi/

and install the rest

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install rrdtool
sudo apt-get install snmpd snmp
sudo apt-get install cacti
et voila!

now go to your browser with your raspberry pi IP
http://yourRaspberryPi_IP/cacti

user admin
passwd admin

mitchells

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:51 am

I followed the steps, but I think I botched one of the blue screens asking me about which DB to use. I chose NO and it does not work. When I sudo uninstall everything to get back to the blue screen to change my setting, it will not come up. How can i reset my Pi to like it was when I got it out of the box and start over?
BTW, on installing Cacti, when I get the blue screen for choice of DB, what is the correct response?

Return to “Beginners”