traidna

Unreal Speccy Portable manual

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Does anyone have a link for a user guide, manual, or similar for unreal speccy, I am trying to figure our how to save programs written in the emulator on the Raspberry Pi,

Thanks,
Tom

traidna

Re: Unreal Speccy Portable manual

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:36 pm

I contacted @unrealSpeccyPortable on twitter and received a nice and prompt response:
"you can only store snapshots, then load/store them to .tap on PC"

I also learned by trial and error that snapshots only work when running as root or sudo. Also from what I tried running unreal_speccy_portable from withing PiPLAY or Chameleon it is not run as root.

so when unreal_speccy_portable is loaded from pi store it is the following directory :
/usr/local/bin/indiecity/InstalledApps/rpi/Full/usp_0.0.64 (where usp_0.0.64 is the latest version of the emulator)

then running sudo ./unreal_speccy_portable allow me to save state and load state, you can also load .tap files downloaded from another emulator or tool.
hope this helps anyone else trying this.

AmigaGamer

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi Traidna

As an alternate suggestion : Instead of using PI store, you can get unreal speccy from the author here https://bitbucket.org/djdron/unrealspeccyp/downloads .
You can extract the usp_0064 folder to your home directory, for example /home/pi This should give it the correct permissions for you to savestate without running with sudo.

traidna

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try as well.

I did set up a simple bash script to change to the directory and run the emulator too, that has simplified things as well.

Cheers

Andrey

Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

traidna wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:38 pm
Does anyone have a link for a user guide, manual, or similar for unreal speccy, I am trying to figure our how to save programs written in the emulator on the Raspberry Pi,
Hi Tom!

There are good news for you)
Newest version is able to store changed disk images & slots support.
You can get it here.

Return to “Gaming”