Canedje
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:18 am

PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 8:33 am

I tried to use the analog clock from Highcharts. This is not working at PHP on the Raspberry.

Does somebody knows a nice analog clock to present in PHP/ JS on a Rasberry?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 40828
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 am

Please post a link to the PHP code you've downloaded.
Any language using left-hand whitespace for syntax is ridiculous

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Canedje
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 am

DougieLawson wrote:Please post a link to the PHP code you've downloaded.

I tried to make this code working:
http://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/jquery/1.9.1 ... uge-clock/

I do use other codes from this side which are working

Massi
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm
Location: Italy

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 am

Canedje wrote:
DougieLawson wrote:Please post a link to the PHP code you've downloaded.

I tried to make this code working:
http://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/jquery/1.9.1 ... uge-clock/

I do use other codes from this side which are working
where is the php?

Heater
Posts: 17438
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 9:35 am

PHP is not required to get that working. Just serve up that page.

You will also need a script tga to pull the jquery into your page.

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js"></script>

What errors do you get it the dev tools in Chrome or Firefox browsers?
Last edited by Heater on Wed May 06, 2015 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 40828
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 am

Create a file called /var/www/hc.clock.js (with the Javascript analog clock code from that website).

Create a HTML file /var/www/hc.clock.html

Code: Select all

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <title>Analog clock</title>
    <script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.js'></script>
    <script src="http://code.highcharts.com/highcharts.js"></script>
    <script src="http://code.highcharts.com/highcharts-more.js"></script>
    <script src="hc.clock.js"></script>
  <head>
  <body>
    <div id="container" style="width: 300px; height: 300px; margin: 0 auto"></div>
  </body>
</html>
Point your web browser at http://pi.local/hc.clock.html
Last edited by DougieLawson on Wed May 06, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any language using left-hand whitespace for syntax is ridiculous

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Massi
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm
Location: Italy

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 9:39 am

Heater wrote:You will also need a script tga to pull the jquery into your page.
betting 5 euros on this :)

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 40828
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 9:40 am

Massi wrote:
Heater wrote:You will also need a script tga to pull the jquery into your page.
betting 5 euros on this :)
You lose. Pay up.
Any language using left-hand whitespace for syntax is ridiculous

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Massi
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm
Location: Italy

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 9:42 am

DougieLawson wrote:
Massi wrote:
Heater wrote:You will also need a script tga to pull the jquery into your page.
betting 5 euros on this :)
You lose. Pay up.
you have to wait for the op to say "oh, i forgot this" :)

Canedje
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 10:40 am

DougieLawson wrote:Create a file called /var/www/hc.clock.js (with the Javascript analog clock code from that website).

Create a HTML file /var/www/hc.clock.html

Code: Select all

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <title>Analog clock</title>
    <script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.js'></script>
    <script src="http://code.highcharts.com/highcharts.js"></script>
    <script src="http://code.highcharts.com/highcharts-more.js"></script>
    <script src="hc.clock.js"></script>
  <head>
  <body>

    <div id="container" style="width: 300px; height: 300px; margin: 0 auto"></div>
  </body>
</html>
Point your web browser at http://pi.local/hc.clock.html
Thanks for the help.

Indeed it is no PHP code needed. Apologize. :oops:

I'll try at home.
I did put straight the code into my header without the source line you mentioned

There where no errors. The clock just didn´t show up

Heater
Posts: 17438
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: PHP/ JS ->Show analog clock

Wed May 06, 2015 12:17 pm

This works. See attachment.

Somebody owes me 5 Euro :)
Attachments
clock.html.gz
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Return to “Other programming languages”