andysilch

RPi 2 OSMC

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:06 am

Hi, not sure if this is the right area for this question. Just got my RPi 2 and the uSD card arrives today. I have a couple of old B PIs, one with XMBC on it.

I was looking to get OSMC going on the 2. I have always started from a standard Rasbian OS download and then added XMBC on top. Is this the best way forward for OSMC or should I get the OSMC specific image from osmc.tv and install that on to my uSD?

I was hoping to run the RPi 2 as normal - ie I normally ssh in to it from a desktop as I am mostly a 'shell' user. I would like to run OSMC only as and when required. Would the OSMC specific image always 'boot' in to OSMC at startup?

Thanks, Andy.

fruitoftheloom

Re: RPi 2 OSMC

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm

andysilch wrote:Hi, not sure if this is the right area for this question. Just got my RPi 2 and the uSD card arrives today. I have a couple of old B PIs, one with XMBC on it.

I was looking to get OSMC going on the 2. I have always started from a standard Rasbian OS download and then added XMBC on top. Is this the best way forward for OSMC or should I get the OSMC specific image from osmc.tv and install that on to my uSD?

I was hoping to run the RPi 2 as normal - ie I normally ssh in to it from a desktop as I am mostly a 'shell' user. I would like to run OSMC only as and when required. Would the OSMC specific image always 'boot' in to OSMC at startup?

Thanks, Andy.
The XBMC interface is now called KODI and it can be installed in Raspbian

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 66&t=99866
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Media centres”