EimGhey

Are there any Autistic People on this board?

Sat May 14, 2016 7:57 pm

And I don't mean self diagnosed.. Get out pretenders... :evil:

W. H. Heydt

Re: Are there any Autistic People on this board?

Sat May 14, 2016 11:08 pm

Statistically, there would have to be (and beyond straight population proportion, there are some correlations that would favor the probability as well). That doesn't mean that anyone who has been diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum would necessarily be willing to divulge such personal, medical information to tens of thousands of strangers.

EimGhey

Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 pm

I have autism and I am proud of it... Why wouldn't there be more like me here? :ugeek:

Rive

Sat May 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Mod edit: this user got a permanent ban for this and later posts in this thread. We have one rule here: be good to each other. It's really not that hard to follow. :roll:
Last edited by Rive on Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNPNWO

EimGhey

Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 pm

I enjoy every minute of it myself... Except how society has treated me for it.. As SJWs say check your privilege...

Rive

Sat May 14, 2016 11:43 pm

EimGhey wrote:I enjoy every minute of it myself... Except how society has treated me for it.. As SJWs say check your privilege...
hmmm
DNPNWO

EimGhey

Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 pm

Really autism is gift in my opinion.. Haven't you ever known someone with autism!

Rive

Sat May 14, 2016 11:49 pm

[Mod edited for appallingly unpleasant behaviour.]
DNPNWO

EimGhey

Sat May 14, 2016 11:53 pm

Actually I don't live with my dad I live in supported living... second my behaviorist is saying I will soon be able to live on my own and I may already be able to go to collage.. I buying a Pi to teach myself code to prepare for programming course and I ready know a little... Sorry try again :lol:

Rive

Sat May 14, 2016 11:57 pm

[Mod edited again]
DNPNWO

W. H. Heydt

Sun May 15, 2016 12:02 am

Rive wrote:
EimGhey wrote:I have autism and I am proud of it... Why wouldn't there be more like me here? :ugeek:
You do realize autism is a brain development disorder, right? and people "suffer" from it, and that having a child suffering from it is a hardship for many parents, and that it causes much sorrow? that most that suffer from it are unable to care for themselves?
I don't think that's a supportable conclusion. These days, it's referred to as "autism spectrum" and varies considerably from complete dependence to "you'd never know if someone hadn't told you." So...*some* (probably a minority) of those on the spectrum need full--or part--time support. Many--likely the vast majority--function independently very well. Quite a few of that latter category used to be described as having "Asperger's Syndrome" and are commonly found in programming jobs or at SF conventions. (Those are the correlations I referred to earlier.)

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:06 am

Rive wrote:
EimGhey wrote:Actually I don't live with my dad I live in supported living... second my behaviorist is saying I will soon be able to live on my own and I may already be able to go to collage.. I buying a Pi to teach myself code to prepare for programming course and I ready know a little... Sorry try again :lol:
"Supported living"...isn't that an euphemism for a State run group home for the mentally challenged?

Come on, seriously, grow up.
It is step down from a group home to train people to live on there own... I also have assisted employ job as a assistant art teacher and have been offered freecourse to become a speaker for the YES Instatute entirely due to speak well and am LGBT and Autistic and I am also on the way to being hired to work at LGBT Homeless Shelter as a part time volunteer job and both eventually if I do well will be payed... What have you done with your life may I ask? :lol:

W. H. Heydt

Sun May 15, 2016 12:07 am

Rive wrote:
EimGhey wrote:Actually I don't live with my dad I live in supported living... second my behaviorist is saying I will soon be able to live on my own and I may already be able to go to collage.. I buying a Pi to teach myself code to prepare for programming course and I ready know a little... Sorry try again :lol:
"Supported living"...isn't that an euphemism for a State run group home for the mentally challenged?

Probably a euphemism for *anything* that prevents someone from living independently. While the mid- to severe-austism people would qualify, so would many other groups, including Alzheimers, ALS. paraplegic, quadriplegic patients, or even just very old people. No need to add the pejorative condition.

Rive

Sun May 15, 2016 12:08 am

EimGhey wrote:
Rive wrote:

It is step down from a group home to train people to live on there own... I also have assisted employ job as a assistant art teacher and have been offered freecourse to become a speaker for the YES Instatute entirely due to speak well and am LGBT and Autistic and I am also on the way to being hired to work at LGBT Homeless Shelter as a part time volunteer job and both eventually if I do well will be payed... What have you done with your life may I ask? :lol:
I know exactly what "supported living" is. My mother is in one. I don't have time for your immature and childish games.
DNPNWO

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:12 am

No... I am being trained to live on your own.. Your mother lives in one cuz she is still high functioning.. suupported living is 3 person living facility in which the person is expected to do most of their own work with minimal assistance and they define supported living differently were you live...

Your the one who needs to grow up! :lol:

W. H. Heydt

Sun May 15, 2016 12:12 am

Rive wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:
Rive wrote: You do realize autism is a brain development disorder, right? and people "suffer" from it, and that having a child suffering from it is a hardship for many parents, and that it causes much sorrow? that most that suffer from it are unable to care for themselves?
I don't think that's a supportable conclusion. These days, it's referred to as "autism spectrum" and varies considerably from complete dependence to "you'd never know if someone hadn't told you." So...*some* (probably a minority) of those on the spectrum need full--or part--time support. Many--likely the vast majority--function independently very well. Quite a few of that latter category used to be described as having "Asperger's Syndrome" and are commonly found in programming jobs or at SF conventions. (Those are the correlations I referred to earlier.)
Go tell that to the mother of a 5 year old child diagnosed with autism.
It's not a binary condition. Any problems depend greatly on the exact diagnosis. The OP clearly functions well enough to post (coherently) here. He also needs general living assistance (from what he's said), but he's not a basket case.

He is also almost certainly not the only person on these Forums that is somewhere on the autism spectrum. Sheer numbers make that a virtual certainty.

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:16 am

Also Rives is your mother going to get a payed speaking position? :twisted:

Rive

Sun May 15, 2016 12:16 am

EimGhey wrote:No... I am being trained to live on your own.. Your mother lives in one cuz she is still high functioning.. suupported living is 3 person living facility in which the person is expected to do most of their own work with minimal assistance and they define supported living differently were you live...

Oh boy.

You are in what, your 20's? 30's? Stop acting like you are 10. Seriously. Good luck.
DNPNWO

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:23 am

Rive wrote:
EimGhey wrote:No... I am being trained to live on your own.. Your mother lives in one cuz she is still high functioning.. suupported living is 3 person living facility in which the person is expected to do most of their own work with minimal assistance and they define supported living differently were you live...

Oh boy.

You are in what, your 20's? 30's? Stop acting like you are 10. Seriously. Good luck.
Just cuz I am a late bloomer doesn't mean I am childish.. Einstein also was late bloomer only society didn't "assist" him by taking away his rights but simply allowed him to fail and succeed on his own and although his contributions to Science are exaggerated he is one of the greatest human rights activist ever!

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-WEOmQtrI Also food for thought this man has a much more severe intellectual handicap and he is a Gay Rights activist! :mrgreen:

blachanc

Sun May 15, 2016 12:49 am

There are many autistic-like people on this board,

glad that you see Autism as a benediction.
My son is 11 and it is/was not a benediction for him.
He had to learn everything in order to live on this alien planet.
True, his autism gives him an edge over others on some aspect (maths,logic,etc), but the weaknesses on social aspects was very though on him when he was younger

you can read that thread with comments from people on this board as a reference:
Thread_autism_quiz_for_amusement

Ben
Autism/Asperger syndrome: what is your score on this quiz?
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=70191

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:52 am

I am actually a rare autistic extrovert but yeah your sons life is most likely hard with all the bigotry... Also I don't trust online test that much... :ugeek: I am not looking for the Self Diagnosed SJWs but real people with autism... :evil:

EimGhey

Sun May 15, 2016 12:57 am

Also watch the video I posted about the gay rights activist who is disabled.. When you see what disability he has it will sock you how intelligent he is!

Heater

Sun May 15, 2016 4:57 am

LGBT ?

I had to look that up. First I thought it was some kind of sandwich they order in New York.

Can one really be all four of those at the same time?

W. H. Heydt

Sun May 15, 2016 5:26 am

Heater wrote:LGBT ?

I had to look that up. First I thought it was some kind of sandwich they order in New York.

Can one really be all four of those at the same time?
It's grouping together a selection of sub-groups that have common interests. The abbreviation list is sometimes longer, e.g. LGBTQ. I'm somewhat surprised you weren't already familiar with it. It's been in use for several years.

Return to “Off topic discussion”