GustavoAman

Old Pioneer TV

Tue May 10, 2016 5:20 pm

I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 running RetroPie. I have an old Pioneer TV that doesn't have HDMI inputs. It has RGB Component and RCA. I am attempting to use a cable that is changing the signal from HDMI to RGB Component. But I have also tried the YRW RCA input and have had no luck.

I don't even get a signal that it is detecting anything. I don't know where to go from here. Let me know if you need more information. I appreciate any help you can offer.

MarkHaysHarris777

Re: Old Pioneer TV

Wed May 11, 2016 3:49 am

GustavoAman wrote: I am attempting to use a cable that is changing the signal from HDMI to RGB Component. But I have also tried the YRW RCA input and have had no luck.
If the PI does not detect a valid hdmi connection it reverts to composite video output. The output jack on your PI is not a headphone jack... its a composite video jack similar to the old composite video jacks on cam-corders; it has video output (typically yellow on the rca cable, and stereo audio typically the red and white on rca cables.

What you want to get ahold of is the composite video cable for the PI with the RCA plugs on one end and the composite video|audio plug on the other.
marcus
:ugeek:

masa-aud

Wed May 11, 2016 6:49 am

reply to GustavoAman on old P'TV
Your TV catches signal well via RGB (15 pin D-sub) from another PC e.g. but via HDMI to RGB ( and also to composit RCA) converting cable from RPi ? Is there any method of checking that cable such as using another display ? And your TV via RCA to RPi with checking which plug for video signal from RPi with proper configuration ?
Please check by step to success.

masa

GustavoAman

Thu May 12, 2016 11:56 pm

I don't know. I used every cable I have, from HDMI to Component RGB, HDMI to VGA, Component out to RCA (YWR), and an HDMI to HDMI. I have been 100% unsuccessful in getting any signal to go to the TV. The TV works with everything else I have except the Pi.

rzusman

Fri May 13, 2016 12:23 am

Does your cable have active circuitry in it?
Because, I don't think that HDMI carries anything but digital signals, so there's no way to get RGB from it, unless there is some time of converter embedded in the cable.

masa-aud

Fri May 13, 2016 4:24 am

reply to GustavoAman on HDMI cable

HDMI jack often needs hard power to plug-in so please check whether your plug surely connected or not to your Pi.

masa

fruitoftheloom

Fri May 13, 2016 7:00 am

GustavoAman wrote:I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 running RetroPie. I have an old Pioneer TV that doesn't have HDMI inputs. It has RGB Component and RCA. I am attempting to use a cable that is changing the signal from HDMI to RGB Component. But I have also tried the YRW RCA input and have had no luck.

I don't even get a signal that it is detecting anything. I don't know where to go from here. Let me know if you need more information. I appreciate any help you can offer.
You need a TRRS4 Audio Video Cable which is correctly wired, using HDMI gender changer cables will not work:

http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2014/0 ... ideo-jack/

http://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/acc ... 3-x-rca-3m
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Return to “Troubleshooting”