kusti8

Re: Guide: Chromium 49 on Raspbian Jessie

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:32 pm

rustybolt wrote:I tested my sound today and it works, but for omxplayer I have to include the -o local switch (see this thread). Is there any way to make RPi-youtube run omxplayer with this switch?
RPi-youtube uses OmxplayerGUI. When you open that up and go to settings you should be able to change all of the settings there.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

rustybolt

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:41 pm

kusti8 wrote:
rustybolt wrote:I tested my sound today and it works, but for omxplayer I have to include the -o local switch (see this thread). Is there any way to make RPi-youtube run omxplayer with this switch?
RPi-youtube uses OmxplayerGUI. When you open that up and go to settings you should be able to change all of the settings there.
I can, but adding -o local to "general omxplayer audio video options" doesn't help. Whatever, it's bedtime for me now. Thanks for your fast replies man! Don't sweat it ;)

Edit: Ah, I there is a seperate section for youtube streams. It works now :D

Ben_is_best

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:59 am

gkreidl wrote:
Ben_is_best wrote:
The right one can be found at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/arm ... m-browser/.
No 50 version. And there's an unmet dependency on Jessie; that's why kusti8 will compile a new version (and has done so for 49).
I know. I was just saying that once it comes out it will be there.

gkreidl

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:10 am

There are for different places where you can add omxplayer options: for audio player, normal video player, live TV player and for web video. You can add

Code: Select all

-o
local
(two lines!) to all of them or just to youtube_omxoptions for use with rpi-youtube. I recommend to save the setting as a preset "analog" (or whatever name you want).
For more details read this: viewtopic.php?p=952056#p952056
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

rustybolt

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:25 am

gkreidl wrote:
There are for different places where you can add omxplayer options: for audio player, normal video player, live TV player and for web video. You can add

-o
local
(two lines!) to all of them or just to youtube_omxoptions for use with rpi-youtube. I recommend to save the setting as a preset "analog" (or whatever name you want).
For more details read this: viewtopic.php?p=952056#p952056
Yes, I found them, and it everything works perfectly now :) I already edited my earlier post but your post is probably a better explanation, for anyone with the same problem who finds this thread.

mi7chy

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Is there any way to go back to the previous Chrome 48 version? Thanks

gkreidl

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

mi7chy wrote:Is there any way to go back to the previous Chrome 48 version? Thanks
Why?
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

mi7chy

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:34 pm

gkreidl wrote:Why?
I like to keep consistency across multiple RPi3s plus I'm trying to determine if the newest RPi3 addition is running hotter causing the flashing yellow square because of hardware or because of software differences running different versions of Chrome.

kusti8

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:10 pm

mi7chy wrote:
gkreidl wrote:Why?
I like to keep consistency across multiple RPi3s plus I'm trying to determine if the newest RPi3 addition is running hotter causing the flashing yellow square because of hardware or because of software differences running different versions of Chrome.
Do:
apt-cache showpkg chromium-browser
And find the version from there.
Then:
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser=[version]

mi7chy

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 pm

kusti8 wrote: Do:
apt-cache showpkg chromium-browser
And find the version from there.
Then:
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser=[version]
Much appreciated. Was able to get past the errors (see below) and install Chrome version 48 by removing then installing the older chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra pkg using your method. Turns out it's the new RPi3 hardware with slightly older date code that's running hotter and causing the flashing yellow square as suspected.
[email protected]:~/Downloads $ sudo apt-get install chromium-browser=48.0.2564.82-0ubuntu0.15.04.1.1193
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
chromium-browser : Depends: chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra (= 48.0.2564.82-0ubuntu0.15.04.1.1193) but 49.0.2623.108-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.1113 is to be installed or
chromium-codecs-ffmpeg (= 48.0.2564.82-0ubuntu0.15.04.1.1193) but it is not installable
Recommends: chromium-browser-l10n but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

matteusbeus

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 pm

I noticed someone else has previously mentioned in this thread about webkitSpeechRecognition. I was wondered if someone could tell me if it actually works? I need it for a core element in my PhD and it will save me a fortune in hardware if I can get it working!

kusti8

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:32 pm

matteusbeus wrote:I noticed someone else has previously mentioned in this thread about webkitSpeechRecognition. I was wondered if someone could tell me if it actually works? I need it for a core element in my PhD and it will save me a fortune in hardware if I can get it working!
I'm very busy this week so I can't do much and I'm not sure if they got it to work. I'll check it out if I have time, but any instructions for Chromium should work fine here.

matteusbeus

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:37 pm

kusti8 wrote:
matteusbeus wrote:I noticed someone else has previously mentioned in this thread about webkitSpeechRecognition. I was wondered if someone could tell me if it actually works? I need it for a core element in my PhD and it will save me a fortune in hardware if I can get it working!
I'm very busy this week so I can't do much and I'm not sure if they got it to work. I'll check it out if I have time, but any instructions for Chromium should work fine here.
Thanks for the amazingly prompt response! I think the pi might have an issue with the GetVoices call in the same way Chrome on PC presently does. Anyhow I'll be here to read the response whenever you get chance! Thank you :D

kusti8

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:06 pm

I've released v0.5.0 of RPi-youtube, including automatic pausing of youtube videos when the icon is clicked and a minor speed improvement to about 3-5 seconds after subsequent plays!

Enjoy!

matteusbeus

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:19 pm

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<p>This is a chunk of text that will be spoken.</p>
<script>
function SpeakVoice(textToSpeak) {
	var t;
	if (window.speechSynthesis != undefined) {
		var selectedVoice = 'SpeakIt!';
		console.log("Speech Synthesis API is avaliable in your Browser");
		window.speechSynthesis.cancel();
		var watch = setInterval(function() {
		voices = speechSynthesis.getVoices();
		if (voices.length !== 0) {
			console.log("Got voices!");
			var u = new SpeechSynthesisUtterance();
			u.voice = voices.filter(function(voice) { return voice.name == selectedVoice; })[0];
			for(var i = 0; i < voices.length ; i++) {
				console.log(voices[i].name + ' (' + voices[i].lang + ')');
				console.log(voices[i].name);
			}
			u.text = textToSpeak;					
			u.onstart = function (event) {
				t = event.timeStamp;
				console.log("starting speech: " + t);
			};
			u.onend = function (event) {
				t = event.timeStamp-t;
				console.log("ending speech: " + event.timeStamp);
			    	console.log((t/1000) +' seconds');
			};
			window.speechSynthesis.speak(u);
			clearInterval(watch);
		  } else {
			console.log("No voices found");
		}
		}, 200);
	} else {
		alert("Sorry - the Speech Synthesis API is not available in your Browser");
	}
}
SpeakVoice("Hello there");
</script>
</body>
</html>
I've tried running this code and the "getvoices" of the Speech Synthesis API doesn't work on Raspian for some reason :/
Last edited by matteusbeus on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kusti8

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 pm

matteusbeus wrote:
kusti8 wrote:
Thanks for the amazingly prompt response! I think the pi might have an issue with the GetVoices call in the same way Chrome on PC presently does. Anyhow I'll be here to read the response whenever you get chance! Thank you :D
Just tested it and it seems to work. I made my USB soundcard the default using this: http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu ... ian-jessie
And I then went to http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html and tried talking and it worked!

matteusbeus

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Is the text to speech component working though? I get the impression the speech to text is but not the text to speech.

kusti8

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm

I tried it and after installing a voice it works the first time but then doesn't work anymore until you restart the browser.

matteusbeus

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:51 pm

kusti8 wrote:I tried it and after installing a voice it works the first time but then doesn't work anymore until you restart the browser.
out of interest how are you installing a voice? are you using speech-dispatcher and espeak? or something else?

kusti8

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:53 pm

matteusbeus wrote:
kusti8 wrote:I tried it and after installing a voice it works the first time but then doesn't work anymore until you restart the browser.
out of interest how are you installing a voice? are you using speech-dispatcher and espeak? or something else?
I installed SpeakIt, but I haven't tried espeak and I don't know if it works. Our of curiosity, why do you need TTS in the browser?

matteusbeus

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:58 pm

kusti8 wrote:
matteusbeus wrote:
I installed SpeakIt, but I haven't tried espeak and I don't know if it works. Our of curiosity, why do you need TTS in the browser?
I've written a web based AI. I'm using the TTS to give it a voice. Once I start publishing papers from my studies, I'll be able to explain in more detail.

matteusbeus

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:01 pm

kusti8 wrote:
matteusbeus wrote:
Speak it works a treat!!! Thank you so much :)

kusti8

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:03 pm

It works more than once? Well, anyway, enjoy!

matteusbeus

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Version 49 has been crashing on me with
ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(334)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
I've discovered this is a issue specifically with 49

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/chromiu ... aults/4578

kusti8

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:14 pm

matteusbeus wrote:Version 49 has been crashing on me with
ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(334)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
I've discovered this is a issue specifically with 49

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/chromiu ... aults/4578
That's always been there and isn't really an error. Chromium still starts and works.

Return to “General discussion”